Conncurrent calls - Outbound Dialing

emmanuel

Hi!!!

I´d like to have someone to give me some answers regarding the number of calls that IVM can place

when using the outbound feature to broadcating a voice message!!. I plan to purchase an IVM with 64 lines license.

Here is what I have.

Pentium IV 3.0 GHZ - 3GIGA RAM

DSL CONNECTION WITH 10 MEGA OF BANDWIDTH

A 30 second message to be broadcast

A VOIP PROVIDER WITH A 100 SIMULTANEOUS CALLS

So, How many message can IVM broadcast per minute??

Thanks!!

Well you say you have a DSL connection with 10 mbit of bandwidth, but you don't specify what your "uplink" bandwidth is (I'm assuming you gave the downlink).

Remember that in this case the uplink bandwidth is the most important because you are not very concerned with what the third party says to you, just what you say to them.

The thing is, I also have a 10 mbit downlink... but I only have a 1 mbit uplink. That means I can only make 10% of the outbound calls I could make with a 10 mbit uplink! So, as you can see, it is very important to know what your uplink connection is rated at.

Also, the audio codec you use will also play a large role in bandwidth. GSM uses only about 5 kbps each way, but the more commonly used G.711 codec (higher quality) uses about 80 kbps!

Finally I just want to add that some users in the past have complained about a bug causing IVM to have difficulty with more than 3 concurrent voip calls, I don't know whether this bug has been squashed.

Hi!!

Thanks for your input. I forgot to mention that my uplink is just 1 mbit that means no more than 10 concurrents calls according to your explanation! Maybe I´ll need to spend more cash in bandwith lol!!

Well you say you have a DSL connection with 10 mbit of bandwidth, but you don't specify what your "uplink" bandwidth is (I'm assuming you gave the downlink).

Remember that in this case the uplink bandwidth is the most important because you are not very concerned with what the third party says to you, just what you say to them.

The thing is, I also have a 10 mbit downlink... but I only have a 1 mbit uplink. That means I can only make 10% of the outbound calls I could make with a 10 mbit uplink! So, as you can see, it is very important to know what your uplink connection is rated at.

Also, the audio codec you use will also play a large role in bandwidth. GSM uses only about 5 kbps each way, but the more commonly used G.711 codec (higher quality) uses about 80 kbps!

Finally I just want to add that some users in the past have complained about a bug causing IVM to have difficulty with more than 3 concurrent voip calls, I don't know whether this bug has been squashed.

Concurrent calls depends on your bandwidth (outbound/upload speed in your particular case of message delivery) and the number of channels per line from your provider. Number of lines isn't a factor. IVM doesn't care how many calls you have going at once, inbound or outbound or a mix. IVM can put all the calls on a single line at once. Another factor is CPU and memory, so watch IVM on a single call, two, and three concurrent calls on a line as a test and see where CPU gets to so you can project the additional load of more calls.

My point is you may not need the 64-line version if you're piping all these calls through a single SIP provider account...you only need one line with many channels.

• 4 months later...