How To Redirect To Moved Source File?

johnywhy

Move them back again temporarily?

Failing that, you might be able to edit the project vpj file in a text editor and get away with it not crashing... I've just had a look at one and it's plain text with paths and filenames - so with a bit of work you might be able to rescue a project that way.

Try it in notepad with Format..'Word Wrap' turned on, but beware of \ being %5C like the shorthand used in web addresses where URL encoding makes spaces %20 - so it might be easier to just enter \ as normal with all the paths, then in one go at the end do a search and replace from \ to %5C

B)

Failing that, you might be able to edit the project vpj file

great suggestion! but not practical for my need.

i want to distribute a partially prepared vpj file, containing title screens, to many people, so that they can add their own video, and create the movie.

ideally, i'd like to create the ready-vpj file using my video clips, and then let my members replace my video with their video, but keep my title screens.

the goal is to simplify their tasks, and eliminate redundancy.

if there was some simple quick way to create a simple 1-page gui, for editing the vpj file.

hmm. that seems realistic. i bet there are ways to do that.

what ARE those codes? "%2540" means "@" etc.

i bet there are ways to do that.

what ARE those codes? "%2540" means "@" etc.

Making progress. It's called "URL Encoding". I found a multi-line bidirectional encoder/decoder:

http://www.webtoolhub.com/tn561388-url-encoder-decoder.aspx

it can convert the entire vpj file in one click. i could then edit it, and then convert it back in one click.

cool! now, next step is to make an html front-end, with text-boxes, to allow my users only to edit the correct text, and prevent them from making changes to other text.

hmm.