Pedalware is unable to detect foot pedal after the "Foot Pedal Setup" stage.

subhashpanicker

Foot pedal is detected in the "Foot Pedal Setup" stage, but when I tried to finish the setup by clicking "OK" I am getting an error message. "Pedable can no longer detect your pedal, it may be unplugged. Your settings have been saved. When the device is plugged back in, you need to recalibrate the pedal from the options menu again before using it." I am using a 9-pin foot pedal.

Foot pedal is detected in the "Foot Pedal Setup" stage, but when I tried to finish the setup by clicking "OK" I am getting an error message. "Pedable can no longer detect your pedal, it may be unplugged. Your settings have been saved. When the device is plugged back in, you need to recalibrate the pedal from the options menu again before using it." I am using a 9-pin foot pedal.

I have reproduced the problem here using Pedable v1.01 on Windows XP with a VEC Infinity IN-DB9. Unfortunately this appears to be a bug, and I don't know of a work-around.

Please report it using the Help -> "Send Bug Report" menu item.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just downloaded and installed Pedable v2.01 today on a Dell desktop GX-270 running XP SP3 with a serial port Infinity IN-DB9 foot pedal which a couple of years ago worked perfectly with the free version of Express Scribe. I'm getting similar "does not recognize" messages from Pedable, even after using the Wizard to configure my three pedals for Mouse emulation. It's apparent that the software can sense each pedal movement during that configuration process, but it still won't recognize the pedal once that process is complete. I see where the Support Guru announced above on 28 April 2011 that this problem was fixed in Pedable v2.01. Gentlemen, I'm sorry to report that the problem is still alive, and today is 29 January 2013.

Hello,

To the best of my knowledge Pedalware is only compatible with USB foot pedals such as those linked on the product page itself (http://www.altoedge.com/pedalware/index.html) and is not a currently active project that will be updated.

Pedalware is a free utility offered to allow people to utilize a USB foot pedal with programs that do not by default have built in pedal functionality, such as Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player or Winamp. While these commonly used media players do not have the ability to see and utilize a foot pedal, you can configure playback options to work with hotkeys, and then use Pedalware to assign the hotkey strokes to a pedal button.

Regards,

AltoUSA