Can't extract audio from DVD

josephinemb

I purchased the Switch Plus version thinking this would be possible. After I add the DVD folder to the list and click Convert, it starts for a second or two and then comes up with red crosses beside them all - no error message appears. There is nothing in the FAQ or technical help that gives any idea on how to do this.

Can anyone help?

Guest N.C.H a.n

I purchased the Switch Plus version thinking this would be possible. After I add the DVD folder to the list and click Convert, it starts for a second or two and then comes up with red crosses beside them all - no error message appears. There is nothing in the FAQ or technical help that gives any idea on how to do this.

Can anyone help?

Yes,

You can try express rip to rip the audio.

if that fails. (likely).

Go to dick smiths or some electrical shop and get an adapter to plug the sound from your dvd player into the back of your computer. Then use something like wavepad, recordpad, or golden records to record the sound.

This is very disappointing. I tried Express Rip before paying for the Plus version of Switch and it didn't work. It specifically says in the list of features for Switch "Extract and convert audio from DVDs". Both functions that Switch promises to do and why I paid for the software haven't worked. I should therefore qualify for a refund?

Yes,

You can try express rip to rip the audio.

if that fails. (likely).

Go to dick smiths or some electrical shop and get an adapter to plug the sound from your dvd player into the back of your computer. Then use something like wavepad, recordpad, or golden records to record the sound.

• 4 weeks later...

This is very disappointing. I tried Express Rip before paying for the Plus version of Switch and it didn't work. It specifically says in the list of features for Switch "Extract and convert audio from DVDs". Both functions that Switch promises to do and why I paid for the software haven't worked. I should therefore qualify for a refund?

theres a simple way of doing that. use dvdshrink to extract the video files(.vob) from the dvd and load those into switch and convert it into mp3. then use wavepad soundeditor to edit it as you like. used this way afew times to convert live dvds into cds.