Setting Soundtap as default player

wnret

I just upgraded to Soundtap 1.4 and cannot get it to record. I suspect that the problem is that Soundtap is not the default player but I cannot figure out how to set it as such. I've been to the control panel \ default programs and have not been able to set it as the default player or associate it with the files that I plan on using. Nothing I've tried has worked. My os is Vista home premium an the mobo is a Gigabyte ex58 ud5 with built in soundcard (realtek). Any help getting Soundtap going would be greatly appreciated.

wn

Well, I finally got it to work. Although I'm not really sure what I did. But it's working fine now. You'd be suprised what four hours of hacking around in your system will do.

wn

Guest N.C.H a.n

I just upgraded to Soundtap 1.4 and cannot get it to record. I suspect that the problem is that Soundtap is not the default player but I cannot figure out how to set it as such. I've been to the control panel \ default programs and have not been able to set it as the default player or associate it with the files that I plan on using. Nothing I've tried has worked. My os is Vista home premium an the mobo is a Gigabyte ex58 ud5 with built in soundcard (realtek). Any help getting Soundtap going would be greatly appreciated.

wn

Well, I finally got it to work. Although I'm not really sure what I did. But it's working fine now. You'd be suprised what four hours of hacking around in your system will do.

wn

Hi,

When you install sound tap, you should get a message about installing the sound driver. It will also tell you the driver is unsigned and do you want to continue installing it.

Select yes to continue installing it.

Once its installed, you will then need to go into your sound options in the Windows control panel, and set the playback device to be Sound Tap. (if sound tap is not listed here, then the driver hasn't installed correctly).

Once you have selected Sound tap as the playback device, you then open sound tap, and click options. Then set the microphone record device, and the playback device for your speakers so you can hear the sound.

THEN you can start the programs you would like to record from.