WINDOWS 7

SabinVI

Hello everyone. I am just posting this in case there are any other users wondering about Windows 7 compatibility before they buy this software. I am happy to report that the software works (my version is 5.02) but the hardware aspect can be a little more tricky.

I first tried Windows 7 with two different voice modems. The first was a pretty high end Multitech PCI-Express voice modem (MT9234ZPX-PCIE). It is one of the best on the market today and has at least up to Vista drivers at the time of this writing. Compatibility wise as a modem it was flawless, but the voice quality was HORRIBLE. No way it could be used for a business with OGM. The second modem was an external Zoom voice modem with Vista drivers. The install was fine and everything worked fine except for the voice/wave drivers. Come to find out that any modem using a Conexant voice chipset on Vista OR Windows 7 will just not work. Google it for more info.

Finally I broke down and bought a Way2Call Lite. More expensive than a voice modem but cheaper than a telephony board. I've only had it for a few days but have had GREAT results:

WINDOWS 7 32-BIT WITH IVM 5.02 & WAY2CALL LITE:

(64-bit doesn't work with Way2Call and may have compatibility issues with IVM)

Sound quality: Excellent

Tone detection: Excellent and Fast

Compatibility: No problems yet except when I enabled End of Call Tone Detection (I am on an analog phone line through a cable modem) it crashes.

End of Call Detection: Only software based works on my system, and is hit and miss. Seems better with landlines than cell phones.

Call Transfers: Still setting this up but seems to work fine.

If anyone else has had good results (or bad) with specific modems or cards in Windows 7, please share them here so that other users are aware.