Feature demo about to expire?

blob

I believed that Prism was free, likewise the basic version of VideoPad, but both have just given me warning messages of being about to expire and would I like to look at upgrade options?

Am I about to end up with dead software here, or will it carry on working in free mode?

It's even more baffling with Prism (rather than VideoPad) because the home page http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html says "is completely free."

I've been starting to sing its praises on forums but now I'm wondering if it's not the free solution I've been looking for. What's going on?! :blink:

I believed that Prism was free, likewise the basic version of VideoPad, but both have just given me warning messages of being about to expire and would I like to look at upgrade options?

Am I about to end up with dead software here, or will it carry on working in free mode?

It's even more baffling with Prism (rather than VideoPad) because the home page http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html says "is completely free."

I've been starting to sing its praises on forums but now I'm wondering if it's not the free solution I've been looking for. What's going on?! :blink:

It will expire if it has not already then you have to buy the upgrade it will work then. The purchase and download is painless except the £ 30 GBP and this forum is nor much cop at answering any questions lol

Well, Prism has stopped moaning at me, the last nag message said something about not being able to use some features any more, but it's still allowing me to do what I want.

Help.. About.. says it is "Unlicensed Basic Free Version", so I'm not going to worry about it.

It would be nice if they were clear and up-front about exactly what's what :blink:

I finally chanced onto this page :

http://www.nch.com.au/action/reginfo.html#prism

Prism

Plus Edition: This Prism license class supports all video formats except for MPEG2.

Plus MPEG2 Edition: This Prism license class supports all video formats including MPEG2

VideoPad

The "VideoPad Pro Edition Registration" lets you use a single installation of VideoPad (on a single computer) without restrictions.

The basic version of VideoPad has all the features of VideoPad Pro but after 14 days trial the range of export formats will be limited to .avi, .wmv, .asf and DVD.

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I've also been trying to look up what the limitations are on the free vs paid version. I found a different video converter and was thinking about changing to it. I seldom actually convert videos, but it'd be nice to be able to have the tool available if the mood strikes me.