Where are the Tracks going now...

Guest Nicholas Coventry

Guest Nicholas Coventry

I was using the Trial version and getting familiar with the program and putting my different cds in there own folders. Everything was going great for a while. Then suddenly the tracks stopped showing up in the Different folders. I tried different CD's and different folders. I unistalled and reinstalled the program to make sure. I ran a search on the computer to see if the tracks were going somewhere different but got no results. Is there a certain amount of tracks you can rip in the trial version. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I LOVE THE PROGRAM AND WANT TO PURCHASE IT BUT BEFORE I DO I NEED TO MAKE SURE ITS GOING TO WORK FOR ME.

Guest Douglas Gregor
I was using the Trial version and getting familiar with the program and putting my different cds in there own folders. Everything was going great for a while. Then suddenly the tracks stopped showing up in the Different folders. I tried different CD's and different folders. I unistalled and reinstalled the program to make sure. I ran a search on the computer to see if the tracks were going somewhere different but got no results. Is there a certain amount of tracks you can rip in the trial version. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I LOVE THE PROGRAM AND WANT TO PURCHASE IT BUT BEFORE I DO I NEED TO MAKE SURE ITS GOING TO WORK FOR ME.

I too am using the trial version and have had a similar experience. After initial success I changed the settings and then, as Nicholas found, the tracks simply were not being written.

After reinstalling and rebooting a different problem emerged: a file was written, but a file without a name, so successive tracks would over-write that file, if allowed to do so. All-in-all quite unworkable.

I then discovered that this happened only because I had switched off the facilty to access the freeFB Internet Server. There seemed no point in using this feature because every time access was attempted the operation failed. However after experimenting repeatedly it does appear that this is an essential step in the process.

So I have concluded that something sinister is being attempted but is being forstalled by my firewall, so I have stopped using this program. However, I did like the way the program was performing until I encountered this problem so I would be interested to have an explanation that might set my mind at rest.

• 2 months later...
Guest kaptnjack

I am trying this program too and have had the same problem with lost, missing, noname or just not written files.

I initially setup all the options in the proggy before attempting to rip anything. I disabled the database query because I didnt need it to compile loops....turns out the database access is the culprit....with it checked....smooth sailing even though it fails in attempt to contact.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Robbie10

Having the same problems as you guys. Worked fine the first couple of times I used programme, but now it only works if I actually go on-line - which seems pretty pointless when the idea was to download the programme for free. Other than that, when it works, its great, but I too am having the problems of tracks being ripped, but no trace of them in my files. Also the last track of each choice is the only one being ripped and will not save the mp3 file into the location selected. Also names it by itself! Usually l+f.mp3. Any clues. I found this really to use, so would be reluctant to look for another product. :(