Axon with SIP stops working after a while

Giuseppe Chillemi

This is a problem I've had with many providers over several years.

It seems when someone complains about a specific service provider, they are often able to fix the problem and release a patched version, but it seems there are several other providers with the same problem and for what ever reason the patch does not fix those ones either. When I bring it up with NCH, they basically say that they haven't really experienced the problem, but if I give them a service provider as an example, they will try and fix the problem. I think NCH is missing the point here in that it seems to be a very widespread issue across many providers.

Don't quote me on this, but I vaguely remember someone saying a few providers send some SIP packets on a different port number (or something to that effect), and this results in Axon sending the re-register requests on the incorrect port so they are not received and eventually the server times-out and calls are no longer taken.

This is a problem I've had with many providers over several years.

It seems when someone complains about a specific service provider, they are often able to fix the problem and release a patched version, but it seems there are several other providers with the same problem and for what ever reason the patch does not fix those ones either. When I bring it up with NCH, they basically say that they haven't really experienced the problem, but if I give them a service provider as an example, they will try and fix the problem. I think NCH is missing the point here in that it seems to be a very widespread issue across many providers.

Don't quote me on this, but I vaguely remember someone saying a few providers send some SIP packets on a different port number (or something to that effect), and this results in Axon sending the re-register requests on the incorrect port so they are not received and eventually the server times-out and calls are no longer taken.

I solved the problem: I have totally reinstalled Axon and IVM upgrading to the latest version and the problem disappeared.

The problem seems it was related to the port used by IVM and AXON which, for some strange reasons, were the port I have set plus 1.

Giuseppe Chillemi