Conversion of MiniDisc *.HMA files into WAV?

smile711

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and am searching for a solution to a file conversion problem. I have the Sony MZ-M100 MiniDisc recorder, and have been unable to convert the PCM files using Sony's SonicStage software (included with the recorder). Using my USB adapter from the MZ-M100 to my PC, these files appear as *.HMA extensions in my file browser. No amount of searching on the Internet yielded me any workable solution.

Does anyone know of a software program that DOES work to convert these *.HMA files to WAV?

Thank you.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and am searching for a solution to a file conversion problem. I have the Sony MZ-M100 MiniDisc recorder, and have been unable to convert the PCM files using Sony's SonicStage software (included with the recorder). Using my USB adapter from the MZ-M100 to my PC, these files appear as *.HMA extensions in my file browser. No amount of searching on the Internet yielded me any workable solution.

Does anyone know of a software program that DOES work to convert these *.HMA files to WAV?

Thank you.

FIRST YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD SONICSTAGE 2.1 here:

http://www.filecrop.com/14879455/index.html

Than you have to download SONY WAVE CONVERSION TOOL here:

http://esupport.sony.com/LA/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=MZNH700&upd_id=1722&os_id=4&ULA=YES

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ahhhhh, mini disc.....very close to my heart.

I have 3 or 4 of them......

they were/are great portable recorders and editors, once you got the hang of the procedure

I'd mark, then delete advertisements or unwanted audio as I was delivering or picking up packages

on my route....so I have some pretty good collections of blues from the RED ROOSTER LOUNGE and BLUES EDITION.

thanks for the conversion links....I didn't have the time to hunt down adequate software...and

now you saved me some time, so when I get the urge to purge and save....I'll be able to get started