multiple voip and least cost routing

zaheer

Hi,

New to the world of PBX's. I am interested in running my own personal PBX system at home. I have been looking around the forum and Axon but cannot find the answer to a couple of querstions.

Can Axon resgister with multiple voip providers for incoming calls onto one extension, I have multiple incoming SIP DID number and would like them all to ring one phone in the house.

Can Axon automatically route outgoing calls through different providers based on the starting number. For example if a number begins with 012 route the call via sipgate, if it begins 013 route it via voipstunt, if it begins 014 route it via callcentric etc?

Hi Zaheer,

Yes, Axon can route multiple DID lines from different VoIP providers to the same extension. You configure one external line for each DID and have each line ringing to any group or extension. If you have a multi-line soft phone or IP phone you could have separate lines on the phone configured to a different extension, where each VoIP account goes to a different extension. Same phone but you know which account the call is coming in on...

Call routing - depends on what you mean by automatic...Axon allows for dialing rules that can be setup specifically to use a particular external line. But the rule digits must preface the phone number. For example dial 1+number to use voipstunt line, 2+number to use callcentric, etc. So not really least cost routing in the true sense, but similar manual functionality if you program your dialing rules for it...

Hope this helps. Also Axon is available fully functioned as a 14-day free trial, and allows for an InPhonex trial DID and account if you select the option.

DJ

Call routing - depends on what you mean by automatic...Axon allows for dialing rules that can be setup specifically to use a particular external line. But the rule digits must preface the phone number. For example dial 1+number to use voipstunt line, 2+number to use callcentric, etc. So not really least cost routing in the true sense, but similar manual functionality if you program your dialing rules for it...

Hope this helps. Also Axon is available fully functioned as a 14-day free trial, and allows for an InPhonex trial DID and account if you select the option.

DJ

Thanks for the quick reply. The main use was going to be automatic call routing so I wanted it to analyse the number and then route it via the cheapest provider for that destination according my programming. But if it can't do that then it is not much use. Shame really. Manually remembering to dial a prefix is too much hassle for my elderly mum. I would habe thought that this would have been one of the most common uses of a PBX software and should be fundamental.