Asterisk outgoing call problem

atekkanat

IVM registered to our Asterisk sip server as a device. but when i tried to make call with auto dial option, i got this error.

11:28:48 Making outbound call to 02124551111 on line voice

11:28:48 Initiated sip call to: 02124551111

11:28:49 Error. Other side said: Not Found

11:28:49 Call has disconnected

11:29:43 Making outbound call to 02124551111 on line voice

11:29:43 Initiated sip call to: 02124551111

11:29:44 Error. Other side said: Not Found

11:29:44 Call has disconnected

i can make call with same device from softphone. there is no problem.

do you have any offer making call from Asterisk server with IVM?

thanks.

Curious as to why you are depending on IVM when you have Asteriisk functionality available????

To be fair, the native IVR functionality built-into Asterisk is not that easy to program, certainly nothing like setting up call flow in IVM. Of course you are right that Asterisk would provide a much more powerful platform for handling automated inbound/outbound calling, but for the novice, I wouldn't recommend it.

Anyway for whatever reason Asterisk does not find "02124551111" to be a valid extension or phone number. Make sure you double check your dialplans and see if there are any dialplan settings which differ between your IVM extension and your softphone (also consider the softphone might have its own dialplans). Also where are you located? The number "02124551111" does not seem to conform to any common world dial plans that I can think of.

• 2 months later...

To be fair, the native IVR functionality built-into Asterisk is not that easy to program, certainly nothing like setting up call flow in IVM. Of course you are right that Asterisk would provide a much more powerful platform for handling automated inbound/outbound calling, but for the novice, I wouldn't recommend it.

Anyway for whatever reason Asterisk does not find "02124551111" to be a valid extension or phone number. Make sure you double check your dialplans and see if there are any dialplan settings which differ between your IVM extension and your softphone (also consider the softphone might have its own dialplans). Also where are you located? The number "02124551111" does not seem to conform to any common world dial plans that I can think of.

Pythonpoole,

I agree 100% with your statement about programming Asterisk. It is much more robust and fail safe but also much much more cumbersome to setup in particular for complicated dialplans.

On the subject of the nature of number such as 021 DDD DDDD, this looks like a Chinese number located in Shanghai.

If you call that number from outside China, you will dial +86 21 DDD DDDD.

From inside China you need to drop the int'l country code and add in the prefix 0. Same thing in a lot of European countries.

Can't believe that phone # starting with 0 aren't supported by IVM. Must be something else. Also if the same number CAN be dialed from the softphone....

Cheers.