Help: Posible to record while listening?

trommis0

Is it posible to record while listening to something you aleready have recorded?

I want to record guitar, bass and vocal. But I want to listen to the drumming at the same time as I record, so I can get it perfect.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
Is it posible to record while listening to something you aleready have recorded?

I want to record guitar, bass and vocal. But I want to listen to the drumming at the same time as I record, so I can get it perfect.

Thanks,

Hi Potetz, The way I do it is:

1) Have the recorded drum track coming out of the speakers connected to my computer's speaker-out socket.

2) Use a single standard (quarter inch) stereo jack to double 3.5mm stereo sockets adapter

3) Plug the standard jack into my instrument

4) Plug a pair of volume adjustable headphones into one of the 3.5mm sockets

5) Plug a 3.5mm stereo jack to stereo jack into the other socket with 3.5mm jack at the other end of the wire plugged into my computer.

So, you can hear the recorded tracks through the speakers; your instrument through your headphones (on one ear only if you prefer) and meanwhile the 3.5mm lead will also take the instrument signal into MixPad. The only thing you have to look out for is the possibility of a tiny signal delay (depends on the power of your computer).

Hope you understood all that.....and good luck!

Ace

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Potetz, The way I do it is:

1) Have the recorded drum track coming out of the speakers connected to my computer's speaker-out socket.

2) Use a single standard (quarter inch) stereo jack to double 3.5mm stereo sockets adapter

3) Plug the standard jack into my instrument

4) Plug a pair of volume adjustable headphones into one of the 3.5mm sockets

5) Plug a 3.5mm stereo jack to stereo jack into the other socket with 3.5mm jack at the other end of the wire plugged into my computer.

So, you can hear the recorded tracks through the speakers; your instrument through your headphones (on one ear only if you prefer) and meanwhile the 3.5mm lead will also take the instrument signal into MixPad. The only thing you have to look out for is the possibility of a tiny signal delay (depends on the power of your computer).

Hope you understood all that.....and good luck!

Ace

A possible problem with Ace's suggestion is when you want to record vocals (I assume you meant you would record guitar, bass, and vocals at separate times) the speaker sound might bleed into the mic. I just use headphones when I record vocals. As long as the track you're recording into is the only one you've punched the "record" button for(and you've set the Track Recording Options to pick up the correct channel for your current instrument or mic), and the other track(s) are not muted, you'll hear everything as you sing (or play) but just that one part will be recorded, on that track.