Is there a mixer?

xisle35

is there a way to stream live with my microphone, but mix in audio on my computer? say if i have a commercial break and i want to play tunes back into my live feed, is there a way to switch between the microphone and an mp3 on my hard drive?

• 4 months later...

is there a way to stream live with my microphone, but mix in audio on my computer? say if i have a commercial break and i want to play tunes back into my live feed, is there a way to switch between the microphone and an mp3 on my hard drive?

Did you ever get this figured out?. Just looking through the forums and came across this. I have done a few shows where I use my mic, then play a song or two, just like the big boys do on radio.

Let me know. Maybe I can help even though it's late after your post.

Cheers... B)

btw...yes is the answer to your question!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think this can be done solely within a PC, you may have to use an external mixer, even a small one would do.

I haven't tried it, but I suggest connecting your mic to one channel of the mixer, and the PC line-out to another channel.

The music would be generated on the PC using any music player, but you might find it worth looking at ZaraRadio for this.

Then connect the output of the mixer to the line-in of the PC. You must configure the Windows Recording Control to select line-in and NOT stereo mix (or similar names). The selection in Recording Control is the source for Broadwave's Live stream.

When your select Line-in for the Recording source, Broadwave Live relays the PC's input and not the sound generated on the Playback portion of the soundcard.

• 1 month later...

No, i didn't figure this out; I have a splitter cable i've been using w/ an mp3 player, but i have to plug in and unplug the mp3 player in order to return functionality to the mic. ie. splitter jack A has mp3 player, jack b has mic. I leave mic plugged into b; and when i need to pause for bathroom or whatever, i plug the mp3player in and let it go, when i come back, unplug the mp3 player and click mic back on. This is as you can imagine very cumbersome, and jagged; I can't really ease music in over my voice, and ease it back out when i come back on. I'm reinstalling broadwave today, and am going to be getting back into the swing of it so if you have a software solution i can utilize it would be GREAT!. thanks in advance.

Did you ever get this figured out?. Just looking through the forums and came across this. I have done a few shows where I use my mic, then play a song or two, just like the big boys do on radio.

Let me know. Maybe I can help even though it's late after your post.

Cheers... B)

btw...yes is the answer to your question!