How to uninstall Golden Records?

jampa0

I installed the trial version of Golden Records a couple of years ago and never used it. Now I find it can't be uninstalled using conventional means, e.g., using Windows' Add/Remove Software or even running the uninst.exe in the Golden Records program directory (it just starts the program and isn't an uninstall program at all).

I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to uninstall Golden Records.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have a similar problem on a Mac, and am about to post a question about that in a moment,

But as to your question.

First I would try to download a new version of the trial, re boot the PC, and then try to remove again using the built in unistaller, or Add/Remove Programs.

If you have already done that and it has failed then there are various un-installer/cleaner programs available.

I use Revo (freeware):

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

on a USB stick. Use Hunter mode/ advanced/complete/thorough what ever it is called. It takes slightly longer but hunts down all remnants of the program in registry etc.

I also just found this one too:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFT...l-Cleaner.shtml

but never tried it.

Neil

I installed the trial version of Golden Records a couple of years ago and never used it. Now I find it can't be uninstalled using conventional means, e.g., using Windows' Add/Remove Software or even running the uninst.exe in the Golden Records program directory (it just starts the program and isn't an uninstall program at all).

I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to uninstall Golden Records.