Trouble Editing Video

DipoleMoment

I'm new to NCH products and recently downloaded Debut and VideoPad. I find Debut very intuitive and easy to use, but VideoPad has me scratching my head.

I imported a .wmv file and am attempting to edit out some parts of it. I have read through the help files and don't feel as though they are explaining things very well.

So I am using the 'in and out points' to select a region of the video and then click the 'place clip on sequence' button to move that selected region to the sequence area. I play it to verify that things are working so far and they are. Then I select another area of the clip to add to the sequence, and the sequence duration reflects that the second area has been added, but now when i play what's in the sequence area, it only plays the recently added clip. I tried hitting the vcr buttons in the sequence area, but can't seem to find the first clip I added.

I'm new too. Somehow the NCH toolbox showed up on my desktop. I opened it tonight for the first time and downloaded the video program.

I can add a video and I can see exactly where I want to edit... which I can't do in microsoft movie maker... BUT... I can't delete the frames I want to delete.

Can anyone tell me how to delete the frames that I want to delete?

I am really excited about this program. I sure hope someone will help me learn how to use it.

If anyone feels sorry for me and wants to take me under their wing to teach me... I would sure appreciate it.

Here is the current vid I am trying to edit

I made this one with microsoft movie maker... (MMM) but I couldn't edit the beginning or the ending the way I wanted... you will see. It starts rough and ends even rougher.

MMM doesn't allow me to break up the segments the way the NCH video editing does... I just don't know HOW to delete the sections I want to delete.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

rayelan

• 2 months later...

There's a "Video Track" window pane to the left of the timeline, and that has a [split Clip] button. So you can divide up a clip into many parts and delete bits you don't want - (highlight the unwanted clip in the timeline and press the Delete key (or right-click for a "Remove selected clip" option). Trim unwanted bits from the beginning or end of any clip by clicking the side of a clip (in the timeline) and drag back and forth.