Quality of conversion?

Voxus

My encoding options don't work. An AVI captured with a screen-capture program called Fraps doesn't work in my editor, so I convert the video to AVI before I import it into the editor to get rid of the foreign Fraps codec. I am trying to convert Fraps AVI to regular AVI and keep the quality, but when I select the Fraps Decompressor option and hit convert it gives me an error saying: "Could not setup output file" in the Other Information column. This happens to almost every other video compressor I select. The ones that do work have very crappy quality. Help?

Guest N.C.H a.n
My encoding options don't work. An AVI captured with a screen-capture program called Fraps doesn't work in my editor, so I convert the video to AVI before I import it into the editor to get rid of the foreign Fraps codec. I am trying to convert Fraps AVI to regular AVI and keep the quality, but when I select the Fraps Decompressor option and hit convert it gives me an error saying: "Could not setup output file" in the Other Information column. This happens to almost every other video compressor I select. The ones that do work have very crappy quality. Help?

Hi,

Please try ffdshow (google), or tick the option on the conversion tab in options to "use ffmpeg first". (pc version)

Thankyou

• 2 years later...

The ones that do work have very crappy quality

It seems that all output of this program is crab.

At least in the free version, you can put even HD in it

and out comes some piyeled garbage.