Express Dictate

Bev Wetzel

I am the coordinator of 12 end users to Express Dictate and manage through Express Delegate. Our new physician is having HUGE issues using this system. He "swears" that he downloads his work but it does not always show up in Delegate and out to the MTs file folders. Other than looking in Express Dictate retrieval file folder, where else can I find his voice files that did not move through the system. There is an area in the PC hardware system that stores these files I think but not sure where to look. We use the Digital Wave Player to download to PC and then through Express Dictate to Express Delegate and out to the MT file folders. I have been using Express Dictate, Express Scribe, and Express Delegate software since 2006.

I am the coordinator of 12 end users to Express Dictate and manage through Express Delegate. Our new physician is having HUGE issues using this system. He "swears" that he downloads his work but it does not always show up in Delegate and out to the MTs file folders. Other than looking in Express Dictate retrieval file folder, where else can I find his voice files that did not move through the system. There is an area in the PC hardware system that stores these files I think but not sure where to look. We use the Digital Wave Player to download to PC and then through Express Dictate to Express Delegate and out to the MT file folders. I have been using Express Dictate, Express Scribe, and Express Delegate software since 2006.

Are you using a legacy (pre-v4.00) or modern (v4.00 or greater) version of Express Delegate?

What send method is Express Dictate using?

• 5 months later...

3.0 which used to run just fine with the other 11 doctors.

I am still having issues with this doctor. All other phyisicans and NPs use the same system, same dictaphones.

What I found after extensive searching is that he has two voice files that are "skipped" that are not recorded, and are not in the "out" box of Delegate. I am wondering if they could still be sitting on the DWP software because they are not recorded at all by the Express Dictate software. But if that is the case how would Express Dictate know there are two voice file numbers missing? These two numbers are either at the end of a download or the beginning of the next download. Could it be transmission error or human error?

Any suggestions?

Edited by Bev W.

What I found after extensive searching is that he has two voice files that are "skipped" that are not recorded, and are not in the "out" box of Delegate. I am wondering if they could still be sitting on the DWP software because they are not recorded at all by the Express Dictate software. But if that is the case how would Express Dictate know there are two voice file numbers missing? These two numbers are either at the end of a download or the beginning of the next download.

I don't know enough about Express Delegate v3 to comment on that, but it sounds like the problem happened earlier in the chain anyway.

What do you mean by "how would Express Dictate know there are two voice file numbers missing"? Are you referring to the dictation names? In that case, aren't those names just taken from the file names created by the recorder and / or the software you're using to transfer the files off the recorder?

I don't know enough about Express Delegate v3 to comment on that, but it sounds like the problem happened earlier in the chain anyway.

What do you mean by "how would Express Dictate know there are two voice file numbers missing"? Are you referring to the dictation names? In that case, aren't those names just taken from the file names created by the recorder and / or the software you're using to transfer the files off the recorder?

Yes they are named by the Digital Wave Player. 10 other people are using the system and no one is having problems. I did notice in Express Delegate there are two missing numbers (B1716 and B1717). There are voice files before these numbers and voice files after these numbers all numbered and accounted for. I am going to check the Express Dictate recovery file folder and then DWP software. I believe this problem occurs between his download from dictaphone to PC using DWP. The missing voice files are two files that would have been at the beginning of the transfer. I have to establish that it is not the problem of Express Dictate software as the doctor thinks it is Express dictate issue. I do not think it is but I need to establish this. Do the voice files get named before they arrive at Express Dictate?

DCT files aside (because they contain extra meta-data), when a file is loaded into Express Dictate, it will use the file name as the dictation name.

I will be checking DWP and if the voice files are not there (for whatever reason they would not have transferred using Express Dictate) then it has to be the user downloading incorrectly. Of note, we will be upgrading our whole process in a year using Express Dictate system. I was going to pay for the Delegate upgrade of 300 dollars but realized that the Express Dictate software and the MT Express Scribe software all needs to be upgraded for the newest version of Delegate to run. I will be in contact after tomorrow's visit to my work office. I have paid for support but one of the emails you sent to me says that I did not pay for support and I did at the time of purchasing original licenses 3 or 4 years ago. We have purchased I believe about 14 licenses, and use all of your support equipment.

I have paid for support but one of the emails you sent to me says that I did not pay for support and I did at the time of purchasing original licenses 3 or 4 years ago.

Please check the support terms again, as I think your support contract would have expired after a month or a year, depending on the level of support that you purchased.