Editing length of video clips

bettei

I have digital camera video clips I used in making a slide show, and it was burned using a DVD format. While I can make an identical copy of this slide show, I wish to edit and use some of these clips again, and unfortunately deleted them( the raw format) from my computer with the recycle bin. So while I can copy that show back to my computer, I cannot open these files since they are are now video_TS.BUP files.

So I downloaded your free edition of Prism, and managed to convert them back to an .avi file that my slideshow program will accept. But it seemed to convert them all in one file together, and I do not see where the options of editing or cropping are, to maybe crop and section this file back into individual clips like they started out to be.

I did purchase your Wavepad for audio files, and there are clear instructions on how to shorten and edit these files into the lengths you wish them to be. Do you have to purchase your premium edition of Prism to do what I want to do, or will the free one work to edit this file?

I hope I have explained this correctly. I am upset with myself that I did not save the raw format of these clips from my camera.

Thanks!

I have digital camera video clips I used in making a slide show, and it was burned using a DVD format. While I can make an identical copy of this slide show, I wish to edit and use some of these clips again, and unfortunately deleted them( the raw format) from my computer with the recycle bin. So while I can copy that show back to my computer, I cannot open these files since they are are now video_TS.BUP files.

So I downloaded your free edition of Prism, and managed to convert them back to an .avi file that my slideshow program will accept. But it seemed to convert them all in one file together, and I do not see where the options of editing or cropping are, to maybe crop and section this file back into individual clips like they started out to be.

I did purchase your Wavepad for audio files, and there are clear instructions on how to shorten and edit these files into the lengths you wish them to be. Do you have to purchase your premium edition of Prism to do what I want to do, or will the free one work to edit this file?

I hope I have explained this correctly. I am upset with myself that I did not save the raw format of these clips from my camera.

Thanks!

Try Video Pad! once you get the hang out it, splitting a video and saving each segment becomes quite easy.

I did try Video pad, and although it did open the files and it the properties say they have been converted to either .avi or mpeg, my slideshow program will not open the files once I get them to it. The clips appear as thumbnail pictures like they normally would, but nothing opens them to play.

I also tried restoring the files from my recycle bin which looked sucessful, but Video pad nor Prizm will open them. I think I got a message that "it could not open source file". So what ever was used to compress the file makes it unusable to me so far.

I can insert the DVD formatted slide show into my computer and rip the video clips back to my computer and they are stored in my documents as VTS_01.VOB files, but so far nothing opens them

Would the purchased Video pad software open this file? Does it have more features than the free one does?

Videopad currently has no paid version, so you would already have access to it's full features.

I just loaded some .vob's into it successfully. the .bup files may have been causing some confusion (I'd never heard of them before, had to do a bit of googling)

If you still have the DVD, i'd recommend ripping it with Prism then loading the file into Videopad for the chopping.

I tried that, Prism says it cannot open the host file. But I only have the free version of that too, would the paid software version open that? A VTS.vob file? I was told BUP is the information file that goes along with a video clip or something like that.

These codecs are a real nightmare to figure out. My recovered video clips look fine and the properties still say they are .avi files. But apparently they are a different .avi after being compressed with the recycle bin. And the properties of those files tells me nothing. So I'm stuck.

I have those files back on to my computer doing it both ways, recovered from the bin, and ripped back from the DVD slide show. And I nothing works to convert them to either true mpeg or .avi.