Latency

TrumPeter

I record one track (guitar)

Then I sing on another track, and the 2nd track is always just a fraction behind the guitar.

I have physically moved the first track just a touch to the right before saving, but I realise that if I were to record - say - 20 tracks, this method of getting around latency would be a complete nightmare. Life shouldnt be this shitful. Can anyone help? Should I just ask for my money back and delete this? What do ya think?

Then I sing on another track, and the 2nd track is always just a fraction behind the guitar.

I have physically moved the first track just a touch to the right before saving, but I realise that if I were to record - say - 20 tracks, this method of getting around latency would be a complete nightmare. Life shouldnt be this shitful. Can anyone help? Should I just ask for my money back and delete this? What do ya think?

Jimmys69 here. I got the exact problem. I did not purchase program yet so cant get any tech support.

I recorded bass tracks to wav file of drums and guitar and my tracks were completely out of time in 15 seconds of playback. Let me know if you resolve this issue please. I cant afford Protools.

Jimmy - jandgtile@yahoo.com

Laytz!

I think our processors or soundcards are just too slow. Got a copy of Cakewalk and it did the exact thing. Only worse> I'm gonna investigate tomorrow with comp geek friend of mine. Could be just a better sound card needed. Hope so cuz dont have the $$ for new desktop.

Laytz!

Jimmy

I pretty sure I have every answer you need. You dont need to get refund yet. You may want to though. In my case it was not the program nor my computer. My sound card was the problem. Picking up a Lexicon Alpha USB for $69 in mornin. It comes with free software that may fit yer needs.

Ill let ya know man.

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...
I pretty sure I have every answer you need. You dont need to get refund yet. You may want to though. In my case it was not the program nor my computer. My sound card was the problem. Picking up a Lexicon Alpha USB for $69 in mornin. It comes with free software that may fit yer needs.

Ill let ya know man.

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy,

You da MAN! (of course, you could be a woman masquerading as a man as we're all basically anonymous here but wtf? I'll go out on a limb and say 'you da MAN' until further notice)

Hey just looked at sites in Aus and they're $229 over here!!! What's the exchange rate in american $? Might have to order and get shipped from amazon or somethin...

Thanks Jimmy,

You da MAN! (of course, you could be a woman masquerading as a man as we're all basically anonymous here but wtf? I'll go out on a limb and say 'you da MAN' until further notice)

Hey just looked at sites in Aus and they're $229 over here!!! What's the exchange rate in american $? Might have to order and get shipped from amazon or somethin...

The sound card comes with CubaseLE4. Steinburg the creator. Comes with really good effects as well. It really easy to use and most of all, has a slider to take care of latency issues. Lexicon Alpha is the model I got. Try Guitar Center. I have some contacts there in Colorado. I am sure they have a website.

I did hear back from tech support for NCH. They did say they are updating program to help latency program. I however am dealing with a slower computer as well as you. This software runs on minimal power with great outcome.

Give me a shout if have any more questions.

Yes I am da man. Male that is. LOL!

Jimmy Strickler

jandgtile@yahoo.com

The sound card comes with CubaseLE4. Steinburg the creator. Comes with really good effects as well. It really easy to use and most of all, has a slider to take care of latency issues. Lexicon Alpha is the model I got. Try Guitar Center. I have some contacts there in Colorado. I am sure they have a website.

I did hear back from tech support for NCH. They did say they are updating program to help latency program. I however am dealing with a slower computer as well as you. This software runs on minimal power with great outcome.

Give me a shout if have any more questions.

Yes I am da man. Male that is. LOL!

Jimmy Strickler

jandgtile@yahoo.com

BTW, This thing works so easy! Sound card in computer still runs my usual stuff. Lexicon runs the recording software. I have not yet tried to use NCH or other recording software yet cuz dont need it anymore. I was amazed at the quality of the reverb, eq, and compression. A few issues with setup that I can get you through to save you time if you purchase.

Feel free to text me on email. Blackberry'd i be.

also: jamess69@myspace

Good luck T!

• 4 years later...
Guest N C H_TM

RobertHart, you've responded to a thread that is more than four years old. There have been many improvements to MixPad during this time, including the ability to adjust for hardware latency for improved synching.

To do this, on the Home tab click Options. Under the General tab you'll see a check box which says, "Offset recordings (adjustment for latency)" and when ticking that check box you can then make the adjustments. Please note that the offset is in milliseconds for extremely fine control of latency issues.

• 2 years later...

Time for you to get a DAW, they said.

I love my Boss BR just fine, I said.

But you can do much more via DAW, they said.

I've been multitracking since 1981, and compared to 4-track cassette, my Boss is pure luxury, and I'm very happy with it, I said.

It's so 2007, using a hardware multitrack, they said.

Oh, I'm so ashamed. I'll try this free Mixpad if you'll STFU, I said.

MY BOSS BR NEVER MISALIGNS THE TRACKS THE WAY MIXPAD DOES, I screamed in rage.

Take your cursor and drag each track individually until they match, they said.

Bahahaha...WHAT?? Bahahahaa, I said.

You're committing blasphemy; you're not supposed to mention the Emperor's lack of clothes re: 2016 technology, they said.

WOW. WOW, really? Yeah, latency issues are something I've never even heard of until I got a DAW, I said.

*all cover their ears* LUH-LUH-LUH-LUH, Weeee, caaaan't, HEEAAAR, YOOUUUU, LUH-LUH-LUH-LUH-LUH, they said.

*raises one eyebrow, steps away, very, very slowly, being careful not to make any sudden moves*, I said.

Now I'm back to my Boss BR-800, and I'm very happy again, tracking away, I said.

• 1 month later...

Greetings, all.

Can anyone tell me exactly how the adjustment for latency (in 'Options') is supposed to be used, please? There is merely a box to tick and a selection of numbers to choose from, but nothing explanatory about what on earth you're meant to do.

I'm thoroughly fed up with Mixpad arbitrarily deciding to mess up the timing on my recordings.

Anyone...please? I would love some answers. I paid good money for this damned thing and I expect it to bloody well work properly. I can't get through to their technical help site because the process requires some sort of product number which I'm damned if I can find anywhere. I'm extremely pissed off with this piece of crap.

In order to fix latency issues in MIxpad, go to "Options", "General" tab and click on "Offset Recordings". This option is will help If the recordings you are making with MixPad are not perfectly synchronized with each other, then you may have hardware latency issues. You can specify an offset in milliseconds here which will automatically adjust your recordings.This option is only available if you are using an MME recorder. The issue of latency should not affect you if you are using an ASIO capable sound device and selecting the ASIO drivers for both playback and recording.

For more information on ASIO sound cards: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Stream_Input/Output

Thank you, TECH Support, although I'm not a computer geek and didn't understand a word of that. Yes, I've clicked on 'Offset Recordings' and it made no difference. What is meant by specifying offset in milliseconds? How am I supposed to know how many milliseconds to set it for? And what is an MME recorder?

I downloaded ASIO and found that my recordings would not play at all, so that's no use to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tim Prosser,

Generally you shouldn't need to adjust for latency - MixPad should do it for you. But if you are having troubles with your hardware then MixPad allows you to specify an offset. Since this is a manual setting, you may need to experiment with the correct value.

If you can describe your hardware setup I may be able to give you some suggestions on how to improve it and get better results. As much detail as possible would be great.

Regards,

Ben

• 1 year later...

I'm struggling with latency and have tried everything.  I'm using ASIO Drivers as recommended, I've experimented with the milliseconds in the "offset recordings" option, and I have a controls panel for my Behringer UMC202HD where I can set different levels for latency, none of them help or even seem to make a difference.  I'm wondering if these only work after you've paid for a license. I'm experimenting with the free version, but I'm not gonna fork over $100 only to find out it still doesn't work. 

I even set the milliseconds in the "offset recordings" to 1000 thinking it should throw off the tracks and make it real obvious, but I can't even notice a difference. I'm about ready to pull out my old analog 4 track reel to reel and go back to the old way. I'm not finding any solid solutions in this forum.

• 3 years later...
12 hours ago, barryzell said:

I tried the latency adjustments without success. Tru. You wrote that you moved the first track a bit to the right. Can you please explain how you did that?

Thanks,

BZ

Hi @barryzell,

For diagnostic purposes, kindly send us the following information about your machine's hardware. Kindly give out the most details you can to the best of your ability.

Processor:
Boot/Storage Drive:
Memory:

*FOR EXAMPLE*

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8500B (6 cores, 6 threads)
Boot/Storage Drive: ex. 500 GB NVME SSD
Memory: 32 GB DDR4 RAM

You may also open a support ticket through this link https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html if you need immediate and direct assistance.

• 4 months later...