Help with Live Streaming

gestes

I have installed Broadwave on Vista and the firewall is disabled. I was able to successfully stream files (mp3s) to an internal computer but can not get the live streaming to work. I have the live stream set with the default settings using the microphone. I am trying to connect to it on an internal network and with the firewall disabled, it shouldn't be a security issue. When I try to connect from another computer, windows media play tries to connect but never does. The Broadwave server application says the client connected but looking at the client, it is still trying to connect. Is there something I'm missing?

I've tried setting this up on my home network and also at my churches and have experienced the same problem on both.

This seems like a great product but I can't get this figured out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg,

If you can successfully stream saved MP3 files, then you are halfway there. By the way, I would not run it with the firewall disabled, you should open the correct port. I've posted elsewhere on this forum about it.

The "live" streaming part depends on the source selected. Use the Options button and Live tab and edit the source. Open the Open Volume Control button to select the source. In XP, this opens the Recording Properties of the sound mixer, and then you select a source from there. You might have options such as "line in" for the line in audio connection, "Mic" for the PC soundcard's mic connection, and "wave mix" or Stereo mix" which streams out any audio being generated by a different audio program, such as winamp or a radio automation program.