Cross Fades

Arlo

I'm new to both MixPad and audio mixing software -- trying to teach myself as I go along. In MixPad 1.14, when I select "Cross Fade Selected Clips" from the "Clip" menu, I receive the message "Cannot complete the cross fade. When cross fading you must select exactly two clips". While it makes perfect sense that one has to select two clips in order to cross fade them, it seems that I don't know how to "select" clips.

I've tried highlighting the clips in the Clip Manager; I've tried various things to "select" the two clips when they're in the same track; I've tried various things to "select" the clips when they're positioned in different tracks. No matter what I try, I guess I'm just not managing to "select" the clips because I keep getting the same message.

Any thoughts for the newbie? Thanx, in advance.

Hi Arlo!

Make sure you have the two soundclips loaded into individual tracks, and slightly overlapping where you want them to crossfade. Select one of the clips (Usually best to click the very top of the soundwave where the name of the file is shown) then hold down the Shift key and select the other track similarly. All going well, 3 little white boxes should appear at the start and end of each clip indicating they've been selected:

Step 1

Then click Clip -> Cross Fade Selected clips. And it should end up like this:

Step 2

voila!