Mixing files

danlouvet

Hello everyone,

Just discovered MixPad and manage to record myslef over a instrumental MP3 ( voice over Music) but when playing the track, i hear myself from... far, :blink: like I would be from one side of the office and the mike the other side even though I was speaking directly into the mike. :angry:

So I tried to found out the proper input setting and it did found my headphone.

Q is: How do I set up my mic in order to hear me more closer than from far?

Sliding the "Play Vol" knob have no effect either.

thanks for your help! :rolleyes:

Dan

Hello everyone,

Just discovered MixPad and manage to record myslef over a instrumental MP3 ( voice over Music) but when playing the track, i hear myself from... far, :blink: like I would be from one side of the office and the mike the other side even though I was speaking directly into the mike. :angry:

So I tried to found out the proper input setting and it did found my headphone.

Q is: How do I set up my mic in order to hear me more closer than from far?

Sliding the "Play Vol" knob have no effect either.

thanks for your help! :rolleyes:

Dan

Do you have any other microphone devices hooked upto your computer such as a Webcam? I have a sneaking suspicion if it does sound far away, not just 'soft' then it might have been recording from another source. A good way to test verify is to do something that will cause the mic to distort (blow into it, or yell)

If not, check out your sound settings in control panel. In Recording Settings, there should be a 'properties' button for your mic where you should be able to adjust it's input or boost settings.