Previews on first frame only?

mel2000

Unless I'm mistaken I've found an issue with VideoPad that makes it unusable for my workflow. It appears that when I want to apply a video effect there is no way to display any frame other than the first in the preview window. That is a problem for me since the first frame of the video is black.

If I split the video and choose to apply an effect to the clip on the right hand side, its first frame shows in the preview window. However, any effect I apply only applies to that clip, even though I'd like the effect to apply to the entire clip.

How can I preview the frame of my choice while applying an effect to the entire clip? Most other video editors give a preview of the current selected frame so you can instantly see the results.

Hi Mel2000

I've tried and found that I get the same results as you. Editing effects in either clip mode or sequence mode seems ony to show the effect in the preview pane as it applies to the first frame of the clip or sequence.

That would be a good enhancement to add to the wish list, but it won't help you in the short term.

Bruce

Thanks for your reply Bruce, and thank you for your private recommendation to copy the effects parameters to the other clip. However, I don't think that is an efficient way to edit so I'll just wait for VideoPad to work out its Version 1 kinks before adding it to my editing toolbox.