I can't play DSS on a Mac?!?

I am starting a contract for a new client on Monday transcribing DSS files.

Having read about Express Scribe and the fact it supports "most file formats" (including DSS) I assured him that was no problem.

Having spent $119 on RAM and $120 on OS X so I can run it I find the ONLY files formats supported on the Mac are mp3, dct, wav and aiff.

NOWHERE on this Web site is there any indication of less functionality on the Mac. Needless to say I am extremely incensed (feel free to substitute far more colourful language).

I relied on the word of your company and now I am %!$%@'d.

NOWHERE on this Web site is there any indication of less functionality on the Mac.

dead wrong - we answered this question in the Express Scribe Pre-Sales FAQ:

http://nch.com.au/scribe/faq.html

Q. What file formats can Express Scribe load?

Express Scribe for Windows can be used to load most common audio file formats. These include wav, mp3, dct (encrypted dictation), ra and rm (RealAudio), sri (VoiceIt), dss (Olympus, Lanier and Grundig), au, aif, msv, dvf, mp2, vox, compressed wav (including PCM, uLaw, ALaw, ADPCM, CELP, SBC, Windows Media, DSP TrueSpeech, GSM 6.10), Philips Digital Recorder format, Sanyo Digital Recorder format and more.

Express Scribe for Mac OS X can be used to load wav, mp3, aiff and dct file formats.

>>dead wrong - we answered this question in the Express Scribe Pre-Sales FAQ:

Buried in a FAQ. I stand corrected. Please to look however at the Features where it lists in detail the files supported by the Windows version and omits to do the same for Mac. That is a glaring omission, and I beg you to correct it. I suppose I really should have realized that when you specify all the wonderful things the Windows version can do and stand mute about the Mac it only stands to reason the Mac verison can do bugger all. Silly me.

you have a good point there simon, we have only just started to think "big-time" in terms of our mac development division, so we haven't made a full adjustment to our website to accomodate the change. I have passed your issue on to our website developer who will make changes as appropriate.