How do you trim/crop videos?

gergy009

You can't just select and drag, How do I select ONE PORTION of a clip, And save it? Step by step pl0x?

Not sure what you are actually asking, 'trim' and 'crop' don't seem to fit with the text of your question. :blink:

If your question means 'How do I define a new start and end point within an existing video clip, and select just that section of the video' then the there are already quite good step by step instructions - the VideoPad help files.

If I misunderstand your question, or reading the help files doesn't do it for you, please rephrase to clarify the question.

Bruce

Not sure what you are actually asking, 'trim' and 'crop' don't seem to fit with the text of your question. :blink:

If your question means 'How do I define a new start and end point within an existing video clip, and select just that section of the video' then the there are already quite good step by step instructions - the VideoPad help files.

If I misunderstand your question, or reading the help files doesn't do it for you, please rephrase to clarify the question.

Bruce

I think I have a similar problem. I downloaded an .flv clip from YouTube and converted it to .mpg format, so that I can insert it into a PowerPoint presentation. But I only want to use a portion from the middle of the clip, so I downloaded your video editor.

I have read the manual. I added the file in question in VideoPad Video Editor. (I can hear it, but I cannot see it, i.e., preview it). I moved the red and blue flags to delineate the starting and ending points of the edited portion and clicked "Build." I chose where to save it and to save it in .mpg format. The resulting MPEG file is only 4.00 KB is size, and clicking on it will not open it in RealPlayer, my default media player (which would play the total clip before I edited it). What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob

• 9 months later...