Jump to content
permitwriter

Track title & album title reversed. Why? Fix?

Recommended Posts

I have about 2300 .wav files on my hard drive. They have been ripped from my CD collection (a few of my favorite songs from each CD) using Windows Media Player. I would then put about 20 songs on a CD to make my own Favorite/Greatest Hits compilations. All that worked just fine. Now, however I would like to convert them to .mp3's to put all of them on a portable player. I purchased the full version of Switch which did a good job of converting them but it didn't carry over the tag information that Windows Media Player downloaded from the online database.

 

I have the .wav files organized in folders of about 110 songs each. I can load one folder at a time into Stamp and move through them fairly quickly to stamp the tag information. That information then carries over when using Switch to make .mp3's. It's tedious & time consuming but do-able. Unfortunately the track title and album title are reversed and I can't figure out a way to change that. Yes, there was probably a better way to do this in the first place but I didn't know any better, it's taken about 18 months to work through all of my CDs and I can't bear the thought of starting over. Can anyone help?

 

My PC is running Windows XP Pro and Windows Media Player 11. Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a work around - sort of. I left them reversed & loaded about 200 songs on my player. Searching is a little goofy and it shows the album name when playing a song, since it thinks that is the song name. And for some unknown reason Genra didn't carry over to my player even though most of the songs have one listed.

 

But I would still like to find a fix....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I found a work around - sort of. I left them reversed & loaded about 200 songs on my player. Searching is a little goofy and it shows the album name when playing a song, since it thinks that is the song name. And for some unknown reason Genra didn't carry over to my player even though most of the songs have one listed.

 

But I would still like to find a fix....

 

 

I just installed Stamp and found the same problem. It's only with my .wav files. There is no standard tagging for wave files apparently. But, the tag editor in both Windows Media Player 11 and dbPowerAmp tag them as you are describing. The only fix I have found is to swap entries when writing the tags. Stamp reads and writes mp3 tags correctly but not wave tags. Just thought I'd let you know you're not alone with this problem. Would be nice to get it fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...