change sequence of "sequence"

xxicaxx

I have managed to insert 3 video sections and 4 still photos in the sequence - i want to rearrange the order of these - how do i do this?

Hi,

Zoom the view of the sequence timeline so that you can see the clip you want to move as well as the point to insert it into. Click the clip and hold the mouse button down, and drag the mouse cursor to the insertion point. You should see the clip drag along. When the cursor approaches the insertion point, you should see a red insertion line appear there. Release the mouse button. Ta daa! [play fanfare music sound clip here]

Bruce

Hi,

Zoom the view of the sequence timeline so that you can see the clip you want to move as well as the point to insert it into. Click the clip and hold the mouse button down, and drag the mouse cursor to the insertion point. You should see the clip drag along. When the cursor approaches the insertion point, you should see a red insertion line appear there. Release the mouse button. Ta daa! [play fanfare music sound clip here]

Bruce

thank you immensely helpful, so easy!

just another quick question - when i moved a still image inbetween video footage the audio continues to the next video but the video just stops at the still image. do i need to insert a sound file with the still image in order to have everything moving along in sync?

thank you immensely helpful, so easy!

just another quick question - when i moved a still image inbetween video footage the audio continues to the next video but the video just stops at the still image. do i need to insert a sound file with the still image in order to have everything moving along in sync?

Sounds like a bug, but I Haven't seen that behaviour yet. If I get time I'll have a look. Quick answer, I wouldn't expect that you'd have to insert a sound file in parallel with a still image. Does that behaviour get translated into the end product if you 'build' the video?

Bruce