How long does the free version last?

Stjamesg8

I've been so busy I haven't had much of a chance to use or evaluate the free trial version of WavePad and just wondering how long the free trial version lasts. I can't find any mention of it on the web site or downlad page. All I've seen is a pop-up window when I opened WavePad the last time that said something like "Your trial version of WavePad will end soon."

The free version of WavePad is a version we make for promotional purposes (eg. on CDs, marketing programs etc) and therefore not always readily available, which causes confusion for people who see it on some third party web sites and follow the links to our WavePad Masters page.

Here is the link you need to find the free version of Wavepad http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html

Amber

The free version of WavePad is a version we make for promotional purposes (eg. on CDs, marketing programs etc) and therefore not always readily available, which causes confusion for people who see it on some third party web sites and follow the links to our WavePad Masters page.

Here is the link you need to find the free version of Wavepad http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html

Amber

With all due respect, this response doesn't answer my question and the link provided sends me right back to the same page from which I originally downloaded the program....and a page that doesn't provide any information regarding the duration of the free version. In fact, I've read this exact response to other posts so is obviously a "canned" catch-all response. Very disappointing.

I'll ask the question again. How long does the free trial version last? If anyone knows and can provide a helpful answer, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks, Amber. Believe me, I've been through the NCH web site several times and I'd still like to know where that info is located.

Good day. According to NCH, http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/kb/free.html, the free version last forever - it's freeware, so they say. If it is not, then they could be cited for false representation. I have several NCH products and I am reasonably happy with them, but some only have a brief trial version of 14 or 30 days or whatever, then the "nag" screens start. I have two copies of the WavePad Master's Edition (bought and paid for on two computers), so I can't say for certain that WavePad (free version) is good forever, as the website states.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Good day. According to NCH, http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/kb/free.html, the free version last forever - it's freeware, so they say. If it is not, then they could be cited for false representation. I have several NCH products and I am reasonably happy with them, but some only have a brief trial version of 14 or 30 days or whatever, then the "nag" screens start. I have two copies of the WavePad Master's Edition (bought and paid for on two computers), so I can't say for certain that WavePad (free version) is good forever, as the website states.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Appreciate the response, Phil. Actually, just today when I opened WavePad, I received a notice that the time had expired but the program will keep working without some of the professional features. So we'll see what happens.

DC

Guest MichaelJee

Hi,

- You install the free version, and it will run forever with the limited functions.

- You install the non-free version, and it will run with ALL Master “paid for” features for 14 days, then revert back to the same functionality as the above free version.

Hope this makes it clearer

M

• 1 month later...

Amber

Amber, since March 2008 I have not used wavepad. Some how I still get email notifications of new postings which are annoying. Unsubscribe is so convoluted that I have given up. I have directed my email server to direct all email notices to my deleted files mailbox, which i have to trash frrom time-to-time.

Can you helpe get out of this mess?

Thanks,

Bridge :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I been using the free trial for the past year. When the 14-day free trial expires, I usually delete it from the computer by going into the control panal and deleting the program. But recently, I had done that and tried to download the free-trial a week after deleting it and all that pops up is that "The trial version had expired. You must purchase to continue to use it." message. The strange thing is that i had deleted the free-trial from the control panel a week ago once it expired. And now it wont let me use the WavePad on the free-trial.

What should I do or did I do something wrong? If anyone knows, please let me know. thanks

Guest MichaelJee

Hi Eman8818,

What you are seeing is a method we use to detect how many times one installed an application, to stop people from doing precisely what you are doing now.

Suggest you use the FREE version of WavePad that wont run out.

Cheers

M