Disappearing Files

TimParker_MOPS

We are running an older version of Delegate currently, 3.0 and are having an issue where clinicians are submitting their dictations. The Transcription supervisor is going in and loading Delegate to pick up the new files daily.

She sees in the status window at the bottom that it is receiving files, but then sees some that give a path and it says "can't list" beside them. I sat and watched a specific clinicians directory where her dictations are waiting for pickup, I also watched the Delegate inbox and saw all the files look like the "transfered" properly. The file count in the Inbox went up to 146, the supervisor said there come the "errors" and all of the sudden, 44 files disappeared out of the directory and we were down to 102. The files are just deleted from the inbox for no reason.

Any ideas, having to have them re-submit dictations 2 and 3 times is not good. I am currently working on ways around this that don't involve Delegate.

Please help.

TIA.

Tim

• 2 months later...
We are running an older version of Delegate currently, 3.0 and are having an issue where clinicians are submitting their dictations. The Transcription supervisor is going in and loading Delegate to pick up the new files daily.

She sees in the status window at the bottom that it is receiving files, but then sees some that give a path and it says "can't list" beside them. I sat and watched a specific clinicians directory where her dictations are waiting for pickup, I also watched the Delegate inbox and saw all the files look like the "transfered" properly. The file count in the Inbox went up to 146, the supervisor said there come the "errors" and all of the sudden, 44 files disappeared out of the directory and we were down to 102. The files are just deleted from the inbox for no reason.

Any ideas, having to have them re-submit dictations 2 and 3 times is not good. I am currently working on ways around this that don't involve Delegate.

Please help.

TIA.

Tim

This has happened to me when I KNOW that the dictation was downloaded and "lost". Like you, I do everything within my power to "find" the dictations rather than go the doctor. I have 12 dictactors using the system and I am the MT coordinator. I have always found the dictations using the help of IS department. We have wave files and they are usually sitting on the hard drive of the PC, C drive, not the network. Sometimes we really have to search for the missing voice files but if the doctor downloads them and you are searching on the correct PC you will find them on the C drive, at least that is my experience. Make sure you are searching on the correct PC. We have several PCs that are used in six offices so this can be a challange for that reason. We have one doctor who is never sure which PC he downloaded on or if he even used his password or just downloaded under another person logged in at the time.