Recieiving multiple Incoming PSTN calls

dazzleme

Hi all,

I am in the process of testing Axon & Express Talk Softphone to be used with a SPA3102 adaptor and was wondering if there was anyway of receiving multiple incoming PSTN calls.

For example, if I am currently on a PSTN call to a customer that has been passed through the SPA3102, is there anyway of recieving another call on the same PSTN line without the customer receiving an engaged tone?

This situation works fine if I am using Voip incoming lines as Express Talk simply flashes the line 2 button and you put line 1 on hold.

Is there anyway of transferring the 2nd, 3rd or 4th incoming PSTN call to the VOIP line without having to pay for call forwarding charges?

I am a little hesitant in changing our current incoming PSTN line phone number to a VOIP number due to customers knowing our number and also just in case we lose power or our ADSL service goes down.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how this could be done.

Cheers

DazzleMe

you get charged to forward your pstn line to another number?

I had some people say it could be done but I never figured out a way as you can only have one active call on a PSTN line, this is different then a PRI line that has multi trunks on one line (but for this you would need a card that could decode the PRI singling (not very cost effective)).

What I've setup was with a VOIP provider (like Callcentric) that supports 3 to 4 trunks on one line (meaning that you can receive three or four calls and pick each one as a seprate line) and then i just forward my PSTN line to my voip provider then i dont miss any calls and the customer never knows that the line was forwarded.

If the line were to go down then i just turn off call forwarding.

I also us the PSTN as one of the outbound lines.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, unfortunately we in Australia get charged for every call that is forwarded from a PSTN line to another number.

That's exactly what I want to do but every call that gets diverted to the Voip line will incur a $0.25 AU call charge.

THe other option I considered is a 1300 number. Which allows customers to call the 1300 from anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call and that number then gets forwarded to 3 different nominated numbers. The only down side is the cost. It costs around $15AU a month and we get charged per minute for calls over 2 minutes in length.

At this stage the call forwarding when the line is busy might be the cheapest option to go with.

Cheers

DazzleMe

The other option I have is to set up call waiting on the PSTN line.

This way when a second caller tries to ring through I hear the call waiting tone.

However, I am not sure if Express Talk can handle Call Waiting?

Does anyone know how to receive a Call waiting call on Express Talk? I might post this question in the Express Talk Forum.

Cheers

DazzleMe