Need Help Setting Up

fdsales

I have my public IP address; also have my router IP address, also have my computer IP address. I have a Lynksys router, and there's a section for router fowarding, and it asks for start port & end port numbers: should those be set to 80 or 88? Then I set for TCP? Then it asks for IP address, which the first set of numbers are pre-filled, with a box at the end, which should have my computer #?

On the BroadWave setup, I would click the section that allows me to enter my public IP address, and enter that address?

Finally, how should my wed address be setup as?

Anything else I'm missing?

• 2 weeks later...

You need to login to your routers configuration page then look for the Port Forwarding or Virtual Server section you will then have to add the 4 following details 1.the internal ip address of the computer that is running Broadwave 2.A name for the forward you can just call it Broadwave 3.Protocol Type which is TCP 4.In any or all Port section put 88.Also allow access through your firewall which you may be prompted to allow or deny access when you run Broadwave.Let me know how you get on and ask for further help if you need to.Good luck Ian.S

It sounds like we're both at the same spot! I've never had so much trouble setting up a program.

Can anyone explain...in SIMPLE terms, how to make your computer accessible to the Internet.

Port Forward doesn't have a "Guide" for "BroadWave."

Thank you!

Your address should be similar to the below

http://your IP address here:88/broadwave.asx?src=1

Replace "your IP address here" with your current IP address which you can find out at http://www.ipaddy.com/ also if you are connected through a router make sure you have enabled it for Port forwarding otherwise it wont work,if your are just on a modem port forwarding does not apply.

I have my public IP address; also have my router IP address, also have my computer IP address. I have a Lynksys router, and there's a section for router fowarding, and it asks for start port & end port numbers: should those be set to 80 or 88? Then I set for TCP? Then it asks for IP address, which the first set of numbers are pre-filled, with a box at the end, which should have my computer #?

On the BroadWave setup, I would click the section that allows me to enter my public IP address, and enter that address?

Finally, how should my wed address be setup as?

Anything else I'm missing?