Burn to DVD

bmoffatt

I'm making video projects of clips from a Canon FS100. All seems to work right up to the last step. On my desktop where the DVD burner is installed, the burner is recognised by VideoPad and the 'build' routine, however after what seems like a complete compilation, an error is returned and no actual burning happens.

I wonder if the application has got as far as creating the .iso file before it crashes, and if so is it retrievable from a temp area? Anyone have clues as to where I should look? System is XP SP3.

PS this app actually works very well on an Asus eee pc 1000H, screen res set to 1024x768. Hard to believe!! But good!!! :P

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend that you use VideoPad to create a DVD-compatible MPEG2 file and import it into the Free Videos To DVD app to author and burn the DVD. Free Videos To DVD supports menus/chapters and has a very easy-to-use interface.

Free Videos To DVD

Input: AVI, MPEG1, MPEG2, WMV/ASF

Output: DVD, ISO, VOB

Complaints: Optional adware installs

www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html

screenshots:

http://free-videos-to-dvd.software.informe...reenshot/50667/

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your interest in Videopad!

We worked hard to get the first version out and we're glad you like it.

Unfortunately we experience some problems with DVD authoring at the moment and we're trying to fix them.

Hopefully we'll have the updated version of Videopad out soon.

Do you have any suggestions on general functionality? What features would you like to see in future releases?

I'm making video projects of clips from a Canon FS100. All seems to work right up to the last step. On my desktop where the DVD burner is installed, the burner is recognised by VideoPad and the 'build' routine, however after what seems like a complete compilation, an error is returned and no actual burning happens.

I wonder if the application has got as far as creating the .iso file before it crashes, and if so is it retrievable from a temp area? Anyone have clues as to where I should look? System is XP SP3.

PS this app actually works very well on an Asus eee pc 1000H, screen res set to 1024x768. Hard to believe!! But good!!! :P

Bruce

Thank you for your interest in Videopad!

We worked hard to get the first version out and we're glad you like it.

Unfortunately we experience some problems with DVD authoring at the moment and we're trying to fix them.

Hopefully we'll have the updated version of Videopad out soon.

Do you have any suggestions on general functionality? What features would you like to see in future releases?

I'd recommend trying very hard to maintain the simplicity that you have achieved in the user interface.

Other video editors I am using have strengths, but generally there is at least one bit of functionality missing, and as well the user interface is often far from intuitive. This is in some instances partly because of the richness of the functionality provided, for example KDENLIVE is quite useful, but I tend to lose untold hours working my way through all of the available functionality to do a simple job. With VideoPad I am delighted that the interface is presented simply and intuitively, for what is a quite rich set of functionality.

The stuff I have done with VideoPad so far has been simple and quick to produce. That's very important for me. If you add DVD Authoring (or provide that through a separate program) that would bring it up to 99% of what I'd ever want out of it. The last 1% for me would be in enhancing the video clips with for eample automatic colour compensation or the like.

I'd be happy to volunteer to bench test a release candidate of future release versions if that would help :)

Bruce