Pixellated Slideshow Photos

brownie3y3s

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user. I want to make photo slideshows of pics of my son to share with friends and family.

Anyway, here's what I did. I built a slideshow first using the default settings (640x480, 25 fps, avi), and then the same in Windows Media format. Both times the photos in the slideshow were all pixellated like they had been made smaller, and then made larger. Oops! I also experimented with a few other resolutions; 800x600, and 1200x1600 with the same results. I havn't made an .mpg file, though.

So, I was wondering if there is a way to control the output to avoid that pixellation problem?

Thanks for any help!! :)

• 1 month later...

I am also a new user and have the same problem with high resolution images of 4288 x 2580 pixels approx at both 800 x 600 approx and at 1024 x 768 screen resolution whch is what my monitor is set at. ALso having "BUILT" at the higher bit rates.

As you appear to have no response to your message it seems that no one is interested. I have concluded that this software is now redundant and I have removed it from my computer and installed Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows. This is fine until you want to make a CD or DVD and that just does not seem possible, but I am still working on it. It means perhaps having to spend about US$20 to buy a plug in from MS to do this. Photo Story is much more user friendly that PhotoStage, but somehow I feel that I would prefer PhpotpSrtage, BUT NOT WITH THE PIXELLATING!!!

Al the best!!

Roy

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user. I want to make photo slideshows of pics of my son to share with friends and family.

Anyway, here's what I did. I built a slideshow first using the default settings (640x480, 25 fps, avi), and then the same in Windows Media format. Both times the photos in the slideshow were all pixellated like they had been made smaller, and then made larger. Oops! I also experimented with a few other resolutions; 800x600, and 1200x1600 with the same results. I havn't made an .mpg file, though.

So, I was wondering if there is a way to control the output to avoid that pixellation problem?

Thanks for any help!! :)

I am also a new user and have the same problem with high resolution images of 4288 x 2580 pixels approx at both 800 x 600 approx and at 1024 x 768 screen resolution whch is what my monitor is set at. ALso having "BUILT" at the higher bit rates.

As you appear to have no response to your message it seems that no one is interested. I have concluded that this software is now redundant and I have removed it from my computer and installed Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows. This is fine until you want to make a CD or DVD and that just does not seem possible, but I am still working on it. It means perhaps having to spend about US$20 to buy a plug in from MS to do this. Photo Story is much more user friendly that PhotoStage, but somehow I feel that I would prefer PhpotpSrtage, BUT NOT WITH THE PIXELLATING!!!

Al the best!!

Roy

Works excellent for me! No pixellising here when building slideshow.

You can see pixellising only at Preview time. We use this to render effects in Real-Time.