Photostage

malu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

See if you have better luck authoring and burning the slideshow with another freeware program.

Use VOB2MPEG to convert the VOB(s) in the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD back to a DVD-compliant MPEG2 file.

Use Free Videos To DVD to re-author the MPEG2 file with menus/chapters if needed, and to burn it to DVD again.

Free Videos To DVD (Optional adware installs)

Input: AVI, MPEG1, MPEG2, WMV/ASF

Output: DVD, ISO, VOB

http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html

VOB2MPG

Input: VOB

Output: MPEG2

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/VOB2MPG

Exactly the same problem here. (PAL in UK).

I have worked around it by creating slideshow as an AVI file and then burning it to DVD using NCH's Express burn.

Note to tech support: When burning from PhotoStage the DVD (+RW) passes your verification check OK and I can see the two folders on it.

Hope you can fix this as it's a great program and your own Express Burn works OK .

• 1 month later...
Craeted DVD using Photostage however it will not play on DVD attached to TV

I have a similar problem but far more frustrating.

My DVD slideshows will work when played on my TV using the DVD recorder. They will also play when I put them in a small cheap DVD player I bought from the supermarket and the results are great!

However I have given copies to six friends and the discs play for about half a dozen frames and then stop. I have just been next door to try their DVD player.

My next door neighbour has a cheap DVD player bought from the same supermarket that I bought mine from and the slide show locks up on his also.

This sounds rather an X-file sort of a thing. I have no explanation for it. Can you help?

I hope so because the programme is great and I do not want to scrap it.

• 1 month later...
I have a similar problem but far more frustrating.

My DVD slideshows will work when played on my TV using the DVD recorder. They will also play when I put them in a small cheap DVD player I bought from the supermarket and the results are great!

However I have given copies to six friends and the discs play for about half a dozen frames and then stop. I have just been next door to try their DVD player.

My next door neighbour has a cheap DVD player bought from the same supermarket that I bought mine from and the slide show locks up on his also.

This sounds rather an X-file sort of a thing. I have no explanation for it. Can you help?

I hope so because the programme is great and I do not want to scrap it.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I am having similar problems after burning a DVD.

The DVD WILL play on a cheap DVD player but will not play on my main Panasonic DVD Recorder/Player. I keep receiving the message "Incompatible TV System Setting".

I have tried various DVD's (DVD-R, DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W) of various manufacture. All give the same results. Burning slide shows or movies with other programs using the same discs present no problems.

However, and this is the interesting point, If I copy the "problem" discs, using Ashampoo or other copy programs, to any other blank disc, the "newly copied" disc WILL play with no problem.

Any views on this would be appreciated and prompt me to purchase the full program.