Is it possible to exchange Wavepad upgrade to Prism?

bettei

I mistakenly upgraded to Wavepad Master's edition because I thought it would convert a Quicktime mov video clip that I could not convert for a slideshow program. I had the free edition of Wavepad, and since I was missing the audio on one conversion try, I thought I would try Wavepad. When I opened Wavepad and tried to have it open my video clip, it said I needed the upgrade in order to do that. So I paid the $48.00 and it still did not open that file.

So I have since found out that I should have upgraded to the Prism software instead. Since the Wavepad is of no use to me, is it possible to exchange the Wavepad upgrade I paid for and get the Prism instead?

I felt a little mislead, since the Wavepad indicated that it would open that file if I paid for the upgrade...and it didn't.

Thanks.

Seems you lucked out yo.

Its really not that difficult to read up on a website before laying down your credit card details. Theres way these NCH chaps are going to switch a license for you. At the top of the MAIN page for the app [http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html]

it proudly claims, "NCH WAVEPAD SOUND EDITOR"

I vote you get out of the computer game now, and boot up your abacus :)

Seems you lucked out yo.

Its really not that difficult to read up on a website before laying down your credit card details. Theres way these NCH chaps are going to switch a license for you. At the top of the MAIN page for the app [http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html]

it proudly claims, "NCH WAVEPAD SOUND EDITOR"

I vote you get out of the computer game now, and boot up your abacus :)

I can see where you think that, I never claimed to be anything but a novice at computers. But I did get the file converted with Prism, but it dropped the audio portion of the file, so I opened Wavepad to see if there was anything it could do for it. And if I wouldn't have gotten the message to upgrade to the Masters edition was needed, I wouldn't have tried it. That gave me some hope that it might actually work on it, after trying 4 different programs that wouldn't. Why does a message like appear on a file it won't work in the first place? A little misleading, if you ask me... <_<

And I was really trying to get a slideshow put together and use that clip the day before the Thanksgiving holiday....I was getting a little desperate. And there you have it.

...I did get the file converted with Prism, but it dropped the audio portion of the file...

If a video converts to a file without sound, i wouldn't class it as having "converted" successfully at all. Its like a "successfully" toasting the bread until its pure carbon.

Regardless though, i think you have a point about WP telling you it would specifically work... and it didn't (even if you were importing a video file) You should certainly try and get a refund from these guyz as thats a BUG.

I saw your other thread, just send em the video so they can sort it out at their end i reckon.