Music rotation rates

Glip

Hello.

Since it's nearly December I'm starting to use Christmas music on our existing BMS playlist. At the moment I only want the festive tunes (about 170 of them) to play once in every five or so regular songs (approx 670 of them). I have the normal tracks set at 25% rotation and the christmas ones at 30%, the idea being to gradually increase the rotation %age of the seasonal music to 100% the closer Christmas approaches. The BMS player is actually playing all the Christmas songs one after another then move onto the non-festive tracks. How do I get them to blend in properly? Another thing I've discovered is it prefers to play the tracks in alphabetical order for awhile after me loading them onto the player, it can take an age to sort itself out and start choosing songs at random. I have recently (in the last week) reloaded the player with the colossal tracks (nearly 850 of them, 170 being Christmas songs with a commence time set at 22:00 GMT on 22/11/08) and the normal tracks are still playing alphabetically even though we have BMS running for an average of 12 hours a day - could this have something to do with it?

The only solution I can think of is to load the Christmas music as announcements, but that won't work as we already use our own announcements.

Any help would be much appreciated.