Beware Of Anything described as simple

longryder

:angry: ..It seems to me that anything I have ever tried that said irt was simple, easy, and just plain fun..were not..Hopefully this will be the exception..I downloaded the free sodfware PhotoPad because I want to resize some of my pfotos..AND specifically one photo I had to enlarge ..AND ..to edit the blurry or fuzzy result of said photo..I did everything I think they said to do but..the image remains a blurred mess..What did I do wrong? Is the software the right one to use for stated purposes? Your opinions and help are appreciated.

• 4 months later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
:angry: ..It seems to me that anything I have ever tried that said irt was simple, easy, and just plain fun..were not..Hopefully this will be the exception..I downloaded the free sodfware PhotoPad because I want to resize some of my pfotos..AND specifically one photo I had to enlarge ..AND ..to edit the blurry or fuzzy result of said photo..I did everything I think they said to do but..the image remains a blurred mess..What did I do wrong? Is the software the right one to use for stated purposes? Your opinions and help are appreciated.

Hi,

It will be very hard to clear up a blurry picture, but resizing should not be an issue. (there is a resizing effect that you can apply)

You can try sharpening the pic to fix the blurryness but I don't think that will work. Its worth a try though.

There is a new version of photopad that has just been released.

Please download it and have a play :)

Thankyou

• 2 months later...

I've just downloaded a few different Photo editing software programmes. I got myself very frustrated and totally flummoxed by most of them, the ones I did understand at a glance, provided nowhere near enough tools or options.

I've only had a few minutes play around with Photopad and I really like it, it seems simple and I like the whole look of it. I'm looking forward to doing more with it.

In my limited experience it is sometimes impossible to enlarge a fairly small original without losing a lot of clarity. It tends to blur or pixellate. :(

I've just downloaded a few different Photo editing software programmes. I got myself very frustrated and totally flummoxed by most of them, the ones I did understand at a glance, provided nowhere near enough tools or options.

I've only had a few minutes play around with Photopad and I really like it, it seems simple and I like the whole look of it. I'm looking forward to doing more with it.

In my limited experience it is sometimes impossible to enlarge a fairly small original without losing a lot of clarity. It tends to blur or pixellate. :(

you basically lose quality enlarging any file that isn't a vector image sadly.. so be careful whenever you reduce a files dimensions if you're going to save over the original :)