converts to mp3 4kb files

mcalmes

I purchased Switch for $25 and then when I tried to convert some wma files to mp3 files. The output is only 4kb. I have tried to output these to other formats, but all have the same result 4kb. Everything seems to work fine when using the program. It shows it to be converting, but when it is finished it only has a 4kb mp3 output file.

I am using Switch for Mac. My computer is a MacBook running Intel processors.

This is quite a scam by NCH. The program costs $25, but to get support it costs $33. This is for a program that has yet to work one time.

The product costs $40 - you got it on special. All our products are yours to test for 14 days without any obligation to purchase if it doesnt work for you. You also turned off the option to buy tech support at a highly discounted rate, your argument is lost on me.

The fact is our products are designed to be really simple to use, we dont make people pay for support that dont need it.

This is a bug, report it through the help file and you will get an upgrade when its fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

All output is 4KB files

I downloaded the free version of Switch for Mac - version number is v1.40

My hardware is imac 2GHZ Intel Core Duo running MAC OSX - Leopard version 10.5.5

I first ran Switch on its default settings to convert a 3.3MB .wma file which has loud bits and quiet bits to AIFF to run in iTunes. The result was an AIFF file of 36.2MB and the quiet bits did not seem to come through. So I adjusted the rate from 96 to 192 and it hasn't worked since.

All the output files are 4KB in whatever format - AIFF or AIF or MP3 and they don't play. It is possible to Play the source file in Switch.

I've deleted Switch and then been back to the site and re-downloaded, re-installed and re-run and it's still only 4KB output.

Hope this information helps to find a fix.

All output is 4KB files

I downloaded the free version of Switch for Mac - version number is v1.40

My hardware is imac 2GHZ Intel Core Duo running MAC OSX - Leopard version 10.5.5

I first ran Switch on its default settings to convert a 3.3MB .wma file which has loud bits and quiet bits to AIFF to run in iTunes. The result was an AIFF file of 36.2MB and the quiet bits did not seem to come through. So I adjusted the rate from 96 to 192 and it hasn't worked since.

All the output files are 4KB in whatever format - AIFF or AIF or MP3 and they don't play. It is possible to Play the source file in Switch.

I've deleted Switch and then been back to the site and re-downloaded, re-installed and re-run and it's still only 4KB output.

Hope this information helps to find a fix.

I have the same computer MacBook setup you have and I get the same results - 4kb. I have sent a "bug fix" to NCH, but there is still no response or fix.

The sad part is that they are still selling this to us Mac users even though it doesn't work. They need to either fix or not sell this broken program. I really need it to convert some files. But to get help you have to pay for technical support which is more than the program cost. I hope they come up with a fix soon.