Photostage doesn't see DVD burner

walkerwj

Hi, all. When I try to build a slide show to DVD, the builder does not see a burner. If I click on any of the other choices (CD or Other) the builder sees the burner. There is a blank DVD-R in the drive ready to go. Any idea why it won't see the burner under the DVD icon?

• 1 month later...

Hi

You probably dont have the correct hardware to burn a DVD. Have you burned a DVD before?

What does the device say, DVD RW or similar? sometimes this information is on the device itself or you can find it in Control Panel , CD/DVD Rom Drives (that's in Vista but you can fish around for the equivalent in XP)

Hi

You probably dont have the correct hardware to burn a DVD. Have you burned a DVD before?

What does the device say, DVD RW or similar? sometimes this information is on the device itself or you can find it in Control Panel , CD/DVD Rom Drives (that's in Vista but you can fish around for the equivalent in XP)

Yes, I have burned many DVDs. I have a Memorex DVD+/-RW/CD burner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Is this issue related to a specific system environment? I'm running XP SP2 and I can't get the software to recognize my DVD burner either.

What's weird is, if I try to burn in CD mode, it sees the burner, but when I try using DVD mode I get a "no drives found" error. I really want to make this work...HELP!

• 2 months later...