Soundtap labels songs by date & a 6 digit number!?!

wcdkstr

Soundtap labels songs by date of stream and a 6 digit number, so I don't know what song it is or what show it is from! The only difference between songs is a different 6 digit number after the date of stream. I don't even use the software anymore because of this reason, its too much of a hassle!

So my question is how can I get the software to at least name the show its from so I can easily distinguish one show from another one without having to test listen to files or keep records of various 6 digit numbers? I transfer files by complete show ie... I left click on the first song then left click on the last song while hitting the shift key thereby allowing me to transfer the whole show at once from soundtap to my hard drive. Can I do this and still give the files a show name?

I'll name the files manually if I have to (Just name the first and last files if I have to do them individually), just so I can tell where one concert ends and another begins, that's all. Can anyone help?

• 3 months later...

Hi!

As SoundTap starts to record, it will show the six digit number as you had mentioned. But on the actual SoundTap program, the screen should say something like"SoundTap is recording the audio stream to file [C:\Doc..../200901-10 121545.mp3]

It's the last number '545' that I look at then go to "Find and Play" to search. It always ends at the bottom and not the top of the list for me. Then I close the player, if I played to check if it recorded okay, then I right click and push"rename". Always end it with ".wav" or ".mp3" depending on how you set your recordings.

Hope this helps...

~JG

• 5 months later...
Hi!

As SoundTap starts to record, it will show the six digit number as you had mentioned. But on the actual SoundTap program, the screen should say something like"SoundTap is recording the audio stream to file [C:\Doc..../200901-10 121545.mp3]

It's the last number '545' that I look at then go to "Find and Play" to search. It always ends at the bottom and not the top of the list for me. Then I close the player, if I played to check if it recorded okay, then I right click and push"rename". Always end it with ".wav" or ".mp3" depending on how you set your recordings.

Hope this helps...

~JG

Adding to 'jida's response, the numbers represent the date and time of the recording, naming is essential for storage purposes