PANIC! No Sound in DEBUT!!!

foolio1990

The audio will not playback from my ATI capture card, it gets the video though. I have recorded a video and tried to play it back in my media player and there is no sound. I have set up the audio preferences correctly, I told it the right audio card, and the right input and it is not muted, I also checked the "Capture Audio" box. I know my drivers work, I get audio playback from the same device on other programs. What else could be wrong?

• 3 months later...
The audio will not playback from my ATI capture card, it gets the video though. I have recorded a video and tried to play it back in my media player and there is no sound. I have set up the audio preferences correctly, I told it the right audio card, and the right input and it is not muted, I also checked the "Capture Audio" box. I know my drivers work, I get audio playback from the same device on other programs. What else could be wrong?

I had the same problem till I plugged the audio into my microphone jack on my laptop. Now the sound is too loud. I have to adjust it down.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using Dazzle 100 hardware to run from my VCR to my PC so I can transfer VHS tapes to DVD. Debut has NO SOUND when I'm playing the VHS, nor when I've recorded.

I've used other software similar to Debut, but prefer the easy interface of Debut. Can someone please help me here?

• 1 month later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
I'm using Dazzle 100 hardware to run from my VCR to my PC so I can transfer VHS tapes to DVD. Debut has NO SOUND when I'm playing the VHS, nor when I've recorded.

I've used other software similar to Debut, but prefer the easy interface of Debut. Can someone please help me here?

Hi,

plug the audio output connector from the dazzle 100 into the audio input on your computers sound card.

Then in debut, select your computers sound card as the audio input device in options.

then select the line in option from the next dropdown box and it should work.

if not try the other options there. it should be one of them.

If you still don't get sound, try plugging some headphones into the output of the dazzle 100. Or try plugging the dazzle 100's audio output into your home stereo. (just to check that it IS outputting the sound from the VCR)

thankyou

• 3 weeks later...

I solved my sound issue in Vista. I had no sound at all with everything configured correctly in Debut. Then I read on another web site that some sound devices are disabled by default within Vista. Here's what I did:

1 - right click on the speaker icon in the tray

2 - select recording devices from the popup window

3 - right click in the middle window of the Recording tab

4 - select 'Show disabled devices'

5 - select 'Stereo Mix' from the list

6 - click the Properties button

7 - From the General tab of the Stereo Mix window, set Device Usage to 'Use this device...'

I'll be darned, it worked perfectly!!!

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...
I had the same problem till I plugged the audio into my microphone jack on my laptop. Now the sound is too loud. I have to adjust it down.

My question may be stupid: I'm a novice. but shouldn't the audio output be plugged into capturing device to be captured? I'm thinking of buying either Roxio or Debut or Golden video. I have Hauppauge WinTV 418 video capture card and it captures video without sound when I use the Debut.

I have a Hauppauge WinTV PCI TV/FM card I can't get any sound with the debut software and here is how.. this may help others, The way the WinTV card works to get sound on recordings is to take the sound line from the digital box into the card or coaxial to the card and a bridge connection from the WinTV card to the sound card (line in) this is the standard set up. Unfortunately it means that only the Hauppauge software can access sound from the card, which is ok if you happen to have a fast enough computer and the right encoding codecs, it also takes a lot of setting up trial and error.... and so on

Now the Debut software makes things a lot simpler but to get sound its best to use a digital box with sound out if you can and take the right and left channel sound out and take it to the (line in) of the sound card. It will depend on the quality of digital box you use as to the sound quality out.

And thats about it really, a lot of the TV cards are run entirely by the makers software, Debut software will have to be updated somewhat to be able to access sound on some cards.

I solved my sound issue in Vista. I had no sound at all with everything configured correctly in Debut. Then I read on another web site that some sound devices are disabled by default within Vista. Here's what I did:

1 - right click on the speaker icon in the tray

2 - select recording devices from the popup window

3 - right click in the middle window of the Recording tab

4 - select 'Show disabled devices'

5 - select 'Stereo Mix' from the list

6 - click the Properties button

7 - From the General tab of the Stereo Mix window, set Device Usage to 'Use this device...'

I'll be darned, it worked perfectly!!!

Hope this helps

I tried exactly what you suggested, and then opened DEBUT. It did NOT recognize the Pinnacle 510USB capture source. I only disconnected the two audio cables and plugged them into my soundcard, set the sound device, Stereo Mix, etc.,. I had no other choice but to revert back to the way I had it originally which was: VCR cables to Pinnacle 510USB, and the USB into a 2.0 slot. I do NOT have sound, but the picture is gorgeous, and this is why I would like to use DEBUT and not Pinnacle Studio 12 Plus. I get a horrible picture (like the tracking is off when it's not, and no matter how much I try adjusting the tracking with Pinnacle, I cannot get a clear picture).

Is there SOMEONE out there that can help me get SOUND on PREVIEW and CAPTURE of DEBUT?

I have a simple solution that works surprisingly well. I was unable to get Debut to recognize my sound source (same problem others are having). I bought a microphone for $10.99 from Target and plugged it in and set it in front of my speaker. Instantly Debut recognized the device and I'm able to record sound.

The sound is really surprisingly good for the what I need it for. I'm recording video lectures (for my college course) and television news shows (e.g. The Daily Show). I watch these things on the bus on my way to work.

Note: I'm using "real time" recording. I'm not "ripping" or "converting" or anything. Also, for the record, I'm not very technical.

Thanks, Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also working on tutorials,

First , I'm curious why i cannot start a thread to address my problem,....

Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum

Why did I join this forum?

Anyway, I am having similar problems.

In my video tutorials,

I wish to have sound from the application (Reason 4.0)

and sound from my usb headset mic. Simultaneously

I am on Windows Vista/Realtek card and all devices are enabled and functioning properly.

I can record the video with sound from Reason, or sound from mic, but not both at the same time.

I have tried almost every combination of settings and still no luck

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

and I do apologize for hi-jacking this thread.

;)

• 1 month later...

Hello. How can I see if I have an ATI capture card? My operating system si Windows 98 SE.

I am having trouble getting sound when recording, I am using a Webcam with built in mic & works through USB for both Audio & Video.

I can record Video ok, but I just get static on the audio. When I try webcam thru a messnger type software, both are working fine.

So how can I get Debut to record the sound via Webcams own mic? Installing a seperate mic isnt an option due to the location of webcam!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have a simple solution that works surprisingly well. I was unable to get Debut to recognize my sound source (same problem others are having). I bought a microphone for $10.99 from Target and plugged it in and set it in front of my speaker. Instantly Debut recognized the device and I'm able to record sound.

The sound is really surprisingly good for the what I need it for. I'm recording video lectures (for my college course) and television news shows (e.g. The Daily Show). I watch these things on the bus on my way to work.

Note: I'm using "real time" recording. I'm not "ripping" or "converting" or anything. Also, for the record, I'm not very technical.

Thanks, Paul.

This doesn't work for me. I had to also change the video file type. I am now using .avi, but I do not yet know if this can be played in my video player, so I may be looking soon for a converter.