Sound Tap Settings: Devices: "Ignore Breaks in Audio Streams"

singjai

Sound Tap seems very easy to use, but I would like to know when breaks in a streaming audio might become an issue -

If I'm recording a stream that might have a few moments of silence--dramatic pauses--and I'd like to record continuously through those breaks would I be better off selecting "Ignore breaks in audio streams"? And if so what should I set for "Ignore breaks shorter than (milliseconds)"? Thanks very much.

• 9 months later...
Sound Tap seems very easy to use, but I would like to know when breaks in a streaming audio might become an issue -

If I'm recording a stream that might have a few moments of silence--dramatic pauses--and I'd like to record continuously through those breaks would I be better off selecting "Ignore breaks in audio streams"? And if so what should I set for "Ignore breaks shorter than (milliseconds)"? Thanks very much.

I'd suggest 45 seconds, any longer than that and the program may assume the stream has stopped, I edit all recordings with a wave cutter-Easy Audio Cutter is free

Hey, thanks very much. I've been using a 10 second setting--long enough for my purposes, but we have the same idea anyway. A quick question about Easy Audio Cutter: I thought only the trial version was free. Where did you get it? Thanks.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi There I've downloaded Soundtap but it wont record anything. I have had a look at my Audio devices installed under "Control Panel" "Audio" and all that shows up is the microphone. Looks like the device for Soundtap to record is missing. Does anyone know how to install the Soundtap device to record? I am running Windows 7 Home edition on a Toshiba Qosmio. Tks. Soundbase

Hi There I've downloaded Soundtap but it wont record anything. I have had a look at my Audio devices installed under "Control Panel" "Audio" and all that shows up is the microphone. Looks like the device for Soundtap to record is missing. Does anyone know how to install the Soundtap device to record? I am running Windows 7 Home edition on a Toshiba Qosmio. Tks. Soundbase