getting started

sweetpilot79

Howdy,

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious here, but that's why I'm asking for assistance. I installed BroadCam, and when I click the connect button, I am provided with 4 URLs. When I click them, Windows Media Player opens and I am able to view my webcam. However, when I copy and paste the same link to someone else, they are telling me it's not working. What am I missing here? How do I get broadcasting, and how do I let me users see the broadcast?

Many thanks,

Tim

• 2 months later...
Howdy,

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious here, but that's why I'm asking for assistance. I installed BroadCam, and when I click the connect button, I am provided with 4 URLs. When I click them, Windows Media Player opens and I am able to view my webcam. However, when I copy and paste the same link to someone else, they are telling me it's not working. What am I missing here? How do I get broadcasting, and how do I let me users see the broadcast?

Many thanks,

Tim

I have the same question. I have this installed on my server and I can see it fine when using Media Player but cannot access it from an internet PC. I note that the link uses my IP address/broadcam.html and then some parameters. However, I am also not able to find the broadcam.html file on the server, which makes sense that it generates a 404 error on the internet. The previous post is several months old, it would be nice if someone from Support could take the time to clear this up for us. I am sure that we two cannot be the only ones with this question.

Alpheus

• 1 month later...

Hi !!

The same thing is happening to me: And it's only one of the four links (after you press connect) - the JPG-broadbandstream - that works. I can se the stream from my cam on the computer it's connected to. The picture comes up in IE. But when I paste the link on my website it doesn't work with other computers. I can go on the net with the computer the cam is connected to, and then the link on my website functions. It would be nice to get around this problem, for the program seemes quite easy to operate.

This is so sad that no one is able to assist us in anything with BroadCam.

The staff at NCH or BroadCam are just not helpful. They have been giving me the run around.

They stated that my camera will work with the software, they let me around in some much codes, html's and other stuff.

Yet I still can't broadcast live. they say it must be something I'm doing wrong LOL I have followed everything they have said step by step

and nothing works.

So I just decided to remove the program and not use it.

It doesn't work!!!

• 4 weeks later...

OK sorry if this doesn't help per say but i know what the problem is and when i find the "port forwarding" Protacalls i will update you on it.. basically the router/modem your using needs to forward the request to your computer but the Router/modem is not letting it untill you unlock the ports.

ok in lamins

you need to goto the router/modem your using my router ip is 10.0.0.138... some are 192.168.0.1.. just look up your router and find the ip and login instructions.

(###) is required.. in other words ADD ##..

THAN goto setup......

THAN goto PORT FORWARDING.....

Once in you will see "Select protocol:"(TCP)

Than "and TCP/UDP port(s):"(80)

PORT FORWARDING..... FINISHED

than goto the Broadcam program..

open the option's...

use "Use This Specified knowen domain or public IP"

under that you will need to add YOUR STATIC IP EG (60.230.113.100) plus port number (80)

SO IT WILL LOOK LIKE THIS "60.230.113.100:80"

your static IP WILL be difrent find it out from the following WWW.Site's below.com

find out your static IP address from

http://whatsmyip.org/

:P

any problems just ask and i'll try to help the best i can

• 1 month later...

Hi All...

I had the same prob, but my solution was this...

after i clicked connect and the webpage came up with the 4 links... i clicked on the one for broadband and it launched Windows Media Player and began playing the file... from within Windows Media Player i went to File/Properties, to view the video properties. In the properties window it will give you the 'Location:' which at the begining of the long web address it will probably say something like... http://localhost:86/broadcam.asf?..........etc etc etc.... the first part there is all we need concern ourselves with because that is the part we need to change before we paste the link on over to a friend or wutever for viewing. The LOCALHOST:86 (86 being the port used to stream the video so make sure its open and/or routed to your pc. I use port 86 so as not to conflict with port 80 which is usually used by the web browser), we need to change LOCALHOST to your external IP address. That means your IP address outside of any router you may be using, ie, the IP address assigned to you by your internet provider. Once I simply changed localhost to my external ip address i then gave my friend the link via our chat window and he tried it out in Firefox browser (im sure will work same in Internet 'Exploder' too) and Wah-Lah! Success! He said he pasted the link in his browser window, hit enter or go, and it launched his Windows Media Player and successfully began playing the file.

Hope this helps yall.

Semper Fi,

USMC1995

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Just joined this forum to post a problem and I have and find I cannot open a new topic :angry:

So SORRY for putting it here

Downloaded Broadcam and it works fine with my webcam. BUT when I select my other video capture device it returns a error saying the camera is not connected ?????????????? but it is.

This device works fine with Windows media encoder and VLC but NOT with this software any ides what I might be doing wrong

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've had Broadcam working well for ages, behind a Netgear Router/Modem. That is, once I learned about Port Forwarding on that unit. Now, though, I want to run my Broadcam broadcast from a PC on a network behind a Windows 2003 Server, which uses Routing and Remote Access software, not a separate 'box' like I had before.

I have been unable to figure out how Port Forwarding works on my Windows 2003 network to enable Internet access to my Broadcam broadcast, so I'm asking for help here.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where/how I do this on Windows 2003 Server, I'd be grateful. (Especially any help like step-by-step instructions for dummies like me! :rolleyes:

Thanks, hviderci.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I've had Broadcam working well for ages, behind a Netgear Router/Modem. That is, once I learned about Port Forwarding on that unit. Now, though, I want to run my Broadcam broadcast from a PC on a network behind a Windows 2003 Server, which uses Routing and Remote Access software, not a separate 'box' like I had before.

I have been unable to figure out how Port Forwarding works on my Windows 2003 network to enable Internet access to my Broadcam broadcast, so I'm asking for help here.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where/how I do this on Windows 2003 Server, I'd be grateful. (Especially any help like step-by-step instructions for dummies like me! :rolleyes:

Thanks, hviderci.

Thanks, hviderci.

I've figured it out, it's quite simple really, but it took me a Dummy's age! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your Windows 2003 network MUST have a public IP, i.e., you have a fixed Internet address, or, like me, you use a Dynamic DNS address,

e.g., http://bugalugs.getmyip.com, from ZoneEdit, or dynDNS, etc.,

Then, BEHIND your IP Adress;

1. Make sure the PC you're setting up Broadcam on, has a fixed internal network address, like 192.168.0.23. This allows you to tell the 2003 server which PC to route the incoming Internet request for Broadcam to.

2. Set up your Broadcam on your PC with the fixed IP address, set outgoing to Port 86.

3. Check that Broadcam is functioning on your PC, by opening Internet Explorer on your PC and typing your PC's address, e.g., 192.168.0.23:86 and see what you're Broadcam is broadcasting.

Once it is working and you can see the camera's view.....

4. Go to your Windows 2003 Server and open Routing and Remote Access

5. Go to IP Routing

6. Go to NAT/Basic Firewall

7. In the right hand panel, find your Internet interface and right click to "Properties"

8. Click on "Services and Ports" you'll see a list of pre-prepared Services but no Broadcam, yet.

9. Click on "Add"

10. Fill in the Dialogue box with "Description - 'BroadCam'", Public Address - 'On this interface', Protocol - 'TCP'

then, Incoming Port - '1234', Private Address - '192.168.0.23', Outgoing Port - '86'. Click on "OK".

That's it.

11. Click on make sure the new BroadCam service is checked, click "Apply" and OK and that's the end of it.

If you're network is like mine, you cannot view yourself over the internet from behind your Windows 2003 server, so you'll have to view it on

an outside PC, or get a friend to check out your public URL and tell you it's working! e.g., http:\\bugalugs.getmyip.com:1234

I haven't figured out how to do that, but if you can see your BroadCam by looking at your internal address (e.g., 192.168.0.23:86) then so can those outside who have your Internet address.

• 2 weeks later...
I've figured it out, it's quite simple really, but it took me a Dummy's age! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your Windows 2003 network MUST have a public IP, i.e., you have a fixed Internet address, or, like me, you use a Dynamic DNS address,

e.g., http://bugalugs.getmyip.com, from ZoneEdit, or dynDNS, etc.,

Then, BEHIND your IP Adress;

1. Make sure the PC you're setting up Broadcam on, has a fixed internal network address, like 192.168.0.23. This allows you to tell the 2003 server which PC to route the incoming Internet request for Broadcam to.

2. Set up your Broadcam on your PC with the fixed IP address, set outgoing to Port 86.

3. Check that Broadcam is functioning on your PC, by opening Internet Explorer on your PC and typing your PC's address, e.g., 192.168.0.23:86 and see what you're Broadcam is broadcasting.

Once it is working and you can see the camera's view.....

4. Go to your Windows 2003 Server and open Routing and Remote Access

5. Go to IP Routing

6. Go to NAT/Basic Firewall

7. In the right hand panel, find your Internet interface and right click to "Properties"

8. Click on "Services and Ports" you'll see a list of pre-prepared Services but no Broadcam, yet.

9. Click on "Add"

10. Fill in the Dialogue box with "Description - 'BroadCam'", Public Address - 'On this interface', Protocol - 'TCP'

then, Incoming Port - '1234', Private Address - '192.168.0.23', Outgoing Port - '86'. Click on "OK".

That's it.

11. Click on make sure the new BroadCam service is checked, click "Apply" and OK and that's the end of it.

If you're network is like mine, you cannot view yourself over the internet from behind your Windows 2003 server, so you'll have to view it on

an outside PC, or get a friend to check out your public URL and tell you it's working! e.g., http:\\bugalugs.getmyip.com:1234

I haven't figured out how to do that, but if you can see your BroadCam by looking at your internal address (e.g., 192.168.0.23:86) then so can those outside who have your Internet address.

Greetings!

I suspect that all the information I need is included somewhere in these posts but I am so confused.

I installed the Broadcam software on my webcam PC. I believe the webcam and Broadcam are installed correctly.

My firewall port 86 was already open with Broadcam listed as the service.

I am trying to add streaming video to my website http://www.fortheloveoflabradors.com

I had to manually forward port 86 in my router to my webcam pc, which I did like this:

Service = http://nn.nn.nnn.nnn:86 [this is the IP address for my website where I want the video to play]

Start port and ending port are both 8686

Server IP address - 10.0.0.3 which is a static IP to my webcam pc.

If I load "http://localhost/broadcamauto.html?src=1&speed=1" on my webcam pc it works.

But if I use my other pc and load the same using the IP address of my webcam pc in place of "localhost", I get a 'file does not exist" message.

If anyone can help I sure would appreciate it!!

• 4 years later...

I noticed Facebook is having troubles getting to the page after I had copy and pasted it into my facebook, it seems facebook doesn't know what to do with the "number" addy, seems they do a dns lookup on it and it can't find it and fails, however if anybody copy and pastes the link from my facebook into thier brower address bar, thay get there just peachie. JUST AN OBSERVATION.