Helpdesk Application

NRTech

Your software is very well written. Have you thought about creating a Helpdesk application? What I have in mind would include an administrator who would manage the application, the ability to include technicians who could receive their tickets, update them and then add billing details, etc., all capable of being accessed over the web, of course. As well, a client portal where the client can login via the web and view or submit their requests.

Guest nchaj
Your software is very well written. Have you thought about creating a Helpdesk application? What I have in mind would include an administrator who would manage the application, the ability to include technicians who could receive their tickets, update them and then add billing details, etc., all capable of being accessed over the web, of course. As well, a client portal where the client can login via the web and view or submit their requests.

we are toying with something in house currently but nothing for release at this stage, thanks for your suggestion !

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Just wanted to check if you have finished playing and are you going to release a Helpdesk type application?

Regards,

viiartz

I guess you may have to wait another 5 years or more to get a definitive answer. Unless you have a fat wallet, NCH doesn't support their products very well, or at all. The one thing they are good at doing is claiming to fix bugs in their products (which shouldn't have been there anyway, if they had a decent product manager who tested before releasing), then announcing a PROGRAM UPDATED VERSION (of it) which, once again, claims to have fixed the bugs. Of course, that so-called "new update" has to be paid for (every three months!!!!!!!!!!!!) as though it's some kind of an PRIMARY VERSION UPGRADE -- WHICH IT ISN'T..... it's merely a patch to fix their own poor programming bugs! They want users to pay for fixing the bugs which they incorporated and released to the public. It's a gimmick, in my opinion.

NCH offers 1 million different kinds of programs, but not one of them (from what I've read or experienced personally) has been tested fully 'in-house' before they release it for sale to the public. It seems to me that every product they sell is always a bug-filled beta version. They get the money first, but users cannot get a decent program without having to pay a premium price for support (on top of the cost of the faulty programming).

I've purchased several programs from NCH, and as much as I like the programs, I think NCH has need of much improvement in areas like:

* actually trying to use the products themselves before releasing them

* fixing the bugs in-house before releasing the product

* hire a web master who knows how to ADD THE CURRENT VERSION of each downloadable program to its FILENAME!! -- Calling the download file "install.exe" is lame and lazy! Even dates are -not- applied to the filename!

* Hire fully-experienced and trained employees to monitor and respond to users questions on the forums QUICKLY and WITH WORKABLE SOLUTIONS to user's problems. It's the least they could do, since there is no adequate FAQ or up-to-date, fully-written HELP file within the individual programs.

* NCH might wake up and realize they have a great potential to make a fortune, if they'd only produce and release better quality programs with support, instead of half-assed products and no meaningful support.

I'm upset only because I like the 'concept' of some of their software, but everything from NCH is so difficult (like a 4-step registering process), a mere "3-month" time period to receive free bug-fixes (which were their own bugs!), etc. I won't stop buying NCH products, but I cringe every time I think about doing it, because of what I've seen happening to other users (via their countless unanswered forum posts), and my own experiences.

I actually did have ONE support person ("Emma") help me with great support and with a positive attitude, but there's only a slim chance in hell that I'd ever get her to answer me again. Too bad.