Verifying Burn

frisky

Hi

just downloaded the Burn Express and have tried burning to DVD. It show's that it's burnt but the it's stuck on Verifying Burn. Does anyone know how long this takes or if there's something that needs to be done my end

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Kirsty

:rolleyes:

Hi

I have the same problem. Downloaded software and tried to burn cd data. The burn process went OK and the files are on the disc however

after the burn it goes into "verifying disc" and totally locks up the computer. Have to do a complete reset. :(

I have disabled this function by way of the tick box but would like to have it in future. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Hi

just downloaded the Burn Express and have tried burning to DVD. It show's that it's burnt but the it's stuck on Verifying Burn. Does anyone know how long this takes or if there's something that needs to be done my end

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Kirsty

:rolleyes:

I just burnt a DVD. The burn was pretty quick but the verification phase took ages, at least half an hour. It did eventually finish, and the DVD produced was a good one.

I just burnt a DVD. The burn was pretty quick but the verification phase took ages, at least half an hour. It did eventually finish, and the DVD produced was a good one.

The second time I burnt the DVD it verified much more quickly.

• 8 years later...

I just downloaded Express Burn the other day. I used it this morning and the "verifying burn" has been running for almost 2 hours. Now the slideshow video I made is nearly 2 hrs and the disc player sounds like it is running, and I am sure I followed the instructions properly. Does anyone have suggestions as to what I might do?

I just downloaded Express Burn the other day. I used it this morning and the "verifying burn" has been running for almost 2 hours. Now the slideshow video I made is nearly 2 hrs and the disc player sounds like it is running, and I am sure I followed the instructions properly. Does anyone have suggestions as to what I might do?

The DVD burning issue has been sorted out and our latest version is under testing and will be released within this week. Could you please forward your mail address so we can notify about the updated release

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same problem using Express Burn Plus to create a video DVD.  During the Verifying the Burn process it will eject the disk repeatedly and pop up a message that says there is no disc in the drive.  I close the dvd drive and close the message only to have it do the same thing again several times.  Finally, the message "Burn Failed" pops up with the choice to insert a new disc and retry.  Need a patch for this aggravating problem.

• 10 months later...

I have very similar issue. Everything seems to go fine then I get to verifying burn. First time it froze. Started it all again, then it went thru verification and appeared fine but that screen ended and next screen said failed to burn.  This is a memorial video and funeral starts in short time HELP PLEASE

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the same issue, I'm on the latest version of the Windows software -I needed todo 9 DVDs wwith verify - If you keep closing the drive, eventually will verify ok. Sometimes the verify goes through all ok, sometimes like this time its been about 7 closing the door, its on 1%, door opens, close door, 1%, door opens, close door, 1%, door opens, close door, 2%, door opens, close door, 2%, door opens, close door, 3%, door opens, close door, 3%, door opens, close door, 5%, door opens, close door, 6%, door opens, close door, 6%, door opens, close door, 7%, door opens, close door, 7%, door opens, close door, 8%, 13%, 20%, 23%, 29%...oh! yes its working brilliant ---
OK , Next DVD to Burn...begin again.
AND REPEAT!

Normally I don't verify, but feel I should just to check DVD is ok.

My DVD's are unreadable and always crash on verification. This problem is apparent from the number of complaints on this site. As I use both DVD-R and DVD+R I have isolated the problem to the fact that the programme does not identify the +R disc as a DVD when writing to the blank therefore it is not recognised by the DVD player. The big problem for me appears to be copying a ZOOM recording converted to MP4 (by ZOOM) It works fine on-R blanks. Yes I know the coding is missing from the +R blanks but surely this is an easy fix in the software to determine the blank put in, the required output them write the data required? 

-Try burning at lower speeds (Highly effective).

-Try using different brands of quality blank media like Taiyo Yuden, or Sony.

-Try upgrading your writer's firmware.

In the meantime lets reinstall again the program and add again the files. You can reinstall the software from the next link: https://www.nch.com.au/components/burnsetup.exe

If you continue having problems contact the NCH Technical Support Team here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html