anyone know how to make a vbk file (nortel network )

postman56

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I would appreciate anyone helping me produce some .vbk files for a Call Pilot 100/150 system by Nortel

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ken

Hah - I was on the phone with Nortel about this one today - and they've never heard of such a thing.

Before you read on - I have found the answer -

but first here is what nortel said:

- Phone the people who sold you your phone

(nooo - not TELUS!!!)

- Most companies with 10 phones don't use professional voice arstists for their messages

(are they for real? No wonder their stock price sucks)

anyway this obscure website at the University of Texas has the application you need:

http://147.26.136.142/mycp.asp

The application is called "Call Pilot Player" and you can load wav files and save them as .vbk files.

If this fails contact me through this board and I'll email you the file - it's around 3Mb so it emails nicely.

And before I sign off - Nortel's solution has been the dumbest thing I've ever encountered in a company's tech support.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
I spoke too soon. The converted files were still not accepted by Call Pilot. Nortel phoned me a few weeks ago and "is looking into it".

Unbelievable.

This Setup and Operation Guide says the user can convert .wav to .vbk so I'm just giving my customer the link, their .wav for the auto attendant greeting, and staying the heck out of it.

http://www142.nortelnetworks.com/techdocs/..._03_cpmsuog.pdf

Maybe this information went into the manual since you guys posted-it's been a year.

-Jay Bee

• 2 years later...

I would appreciate anyone helping me produce some .vbk files for a Call Pilot 100/150 system by Nortel

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ken

VoiceBridge Software Solutions has a software tool (Voice Message Forwarding) that automatically (upon arrival of a voicemail, extracts .vbk files from the CallPilot (and Nortel BCM systems), converts them to .wav, then emails them to the address of the User's choice complete with key metadata elements. Most Users get them on their smartphones and listen to them locally. The other solution, OnLine Voicemail is a browser-based Voice Message management tool that avoids the User having to call in repeatedly (and expensively). Voicemails (.vbk files) are managed in a browser list, including functions: Listen; Download; Forward; Mark as Read/Unread; and Delete. Best of all the built RSS feed lets Users be notified of incoming voicemails via their RSS Reader of choice.

To download the software for a free 30 day trial (no credit cards required up front), go to www,VBKTOWAV.com.