how do i get the oki dialogic adpcm codec?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cowgirl

cowgirl

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:17 PM

Please help me play this .wav file!  My software knows why it can't play the file and tells me that the oki dialogic adpcm codec is needed.  However, i cannot find this codec available anywhere.  can anyone help me??

#2 Guest_nchto_*

Guest_nchto_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:08 PM

Try playing the file in Windows Media Player, it is often able to download these codecs on demand for you. Otherwise you might have some luck with the following: www.afreecodec.com/win/search/?desc...mp;search=ADCPM

#3 cowgirl

cowgirl

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:00 AM

View Postnchto, on Jun 14 2007, 05:08 PM, said:

Try playing the file in Windows Media Player, it is often able to download these codecs on demand for you. Otherwise you might have some luck with the following: www.afreecodec.com/win/search/?desc...mp;search=ADCPM
thanks, but I got zilch from this link, and windows media player wont or cant get this codec.  anybody else?

#4 cowgirl

cowgirl

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

Cowgirl here.  STILL cannot play this file--Can't anyone help me??  This is a recording of a 911 call.  Channel 4 (Dallas) played it on the news yet no one there seems to know how; the Rockwall DA's office played it on a laptop in the courtroom but they're too busy to explain it to an amateur... if you have the time and the inclination please e-mail me.  I'll send you the file (it's a wav file) and maybe you can convert it for me.  Please?

#5 Micelf

Micelf

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

Ok, it's not pretty...but this works...

1. Download CODEC here, extract to your computer and install.   http://www.softwared...m_17_codec.html
2. Rename file extension from ".wav" to ".vox"

That's it!

#6 cjessee

cjessee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Here is the codec:

http://www.mt2mt.com...FROM-DICTAPHONE