MP3 FILES "INACTIVE" AFTER SWITCH CONVERSION

Guest SPYROS

Guest SPYROS

Hi to everyone. This is the first time using SWITCH and i'm facing a very serious problem, which is unsolved up till now. I have tried to upscale (to 320kbps) the bitrate of my existing MP3 files located in a specific file folder. So I sent each one of them to SWITCH conversion and entered as an output folder the same one initially located all mp3 files (of which i needed to change the bitrate). After pushed the "convert" mark on the screen, the program warned me with a pop up "The output file*******already exists. Do you want to overwrite it". I replied "yes" (unfortunately to each and every one of my mp3 files) and the program marked with a tic every file that was converted. So, finished and closed Switch program. When entered the folder file including my mp3s, I tried to play one and.....no file could be reproduced by no affiliated program (Creative & Windows Media Player). The problem is that although the size of each file have been raised after conversion with Switch, the duration of every mp3 song appeared to be 00.00.00!!!!!!!! This is unbelievable. Now, no file can be played back and it seems to me that there is no remedy for this problem. Does anybody have a suggestion to solve this problem. Can I restore the mp3 files to their original status? Please help :(:huh::o

I would have hoped you would have made backups of your files before overwriting them, just so you can compare the original files with the converted files and check things like quality, filesize etc. There is unfortunately nothing we can do in this scenario sorry.

I am happy to send you the latest (soon to be released) Switch and see if you have better luck with what you are trying to do. If you would like me to do that, send me an email at tj [at] nch.com.au and let me know.