Nothing works

jilldaniels

Guest Melanie
I downloaded your free burner but I cant get it to work

My CD drive is built in I had a burner befor that worked ok

CD drice is packard bell hardware number 0870 901 300

Hi Jill - It took a couple of tries for me to understand how this works, but, give this a try and see if it will work for you:

First of all, I'm running XP, so that may or may not be relevant to your system.

Step 1 is to RIP the CD that you want to copy, to a folder in your hard drive using the ExpressRIP module. Be sure to choose the .wav or .mp3 option (for audio CDs), whichever is relevant to your project. By default, Express RIP sends your files to My Documents. You will probably want to change that by setting up a folder for your RIPped CDs. Click on the Load arrow to load your CD, and select tracks or files that you want to rip. When RIP is completed, just click on the eject arrow. Close this module.

Step 2 is to use the ExpressBurn module. Click on the green Add Files cross to add the RIPped files from your hard drive to the CD you want to burn. Insert your blank CD into your CD burning drive. Click on the Burn CD icon and make sure the correct drive and speed are chosen (I leave mine on the default, which says MAX.) Then hit OK. The previously ripped files are burned onto your CD.

I haven't tried this yet for data CDs, but I'll try to post back after I try it out.

That's all there is to it. Hope this works for you. :lol:

Hi,

if the previous post did not help then you are having a compatibility issue. If you are not using version 1.08 of Express Burn please try it, it resolves some issue like that.

Otherwise please contact me at

craig@nch.com.au

and I'll send you some diagnostic software to resolve the issue.